• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the hell is going on with idiot new members????

Al-Wahid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deathrow1986
Well it has been a long time since i have read a noobbashing thread on a forum...

No seriously now.
Yes i know i am new to this site so please do not criticise me because of it ok.
I have had a similar thread on Bombsquadgolf.com some time ago.
Like i said on there: Unless i can contribute to the topic i dont make a reply.
I mean..most things i want to know can be found by making a simple search.
Second: YES new members must pay their respects to the "older"members in that they should not start fights out of nothing and act like a bunch of arrogant *****.
At the same time the older members should know to have some patience with certain new members
teacha.gif

I for one think that especialy on a forum like this you ought to act as a gentleman and be respectfull to each other. The members i have talked to know that i am polite and show my respect, and if i do say something that does not go well with everyone than most will know that it was not meant that way.

We are this community and only together we can make this work.

Just my €0.02 ...... Now lets continue the ranting!!!
fight[1].gif

Kevin

My compliments for your wise words dear sir! Honestly I think the underlying premise of this thread is rather facile and intellectually shoddy. There's no evidence anecdotal or otherwise that newer members are more or less polite/respectful/whatever than anyone else on this forum. A few random quotes does not an argument make. Furthermore I actually noticed far more incivility amongst many of the senior members on this forum. Also, a person should not be judged solely by their number of postings. Perhaps a smaller number of postings could be construed as having a more vibrant life in the real world.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Al-Wahid
My compliments for your wise words dear sir! Honestly I think the underlying premise of this thread is rather facile and intellectually shoddy. There's no evidence anecdotal or otherwise that newer members are more or less polite/respectful/whatever than anyone else on this forum. A few random quotes does not an argument make. Furthermore I actually noticed far more incivility amongst many of the senior members on this forum. Also, a person should not be judged solely by their number of postings. Perhaps a smaller number of postings could be construed as having a more vibrant life in the real world.

Nahhhh.....

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
SEE!!!!!

frown.gif

If there was a hug smilie I would give you one.

K

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
If there was a hug smilie I would give you one.

K

I would welcome it without hesitation.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would welcome it without hesitation.

GoSurface is now my *****.

I'm going downstairs to watch The Wire.

Over and out.

K

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
GoSurface is now my *****.

I'm going downstairs to watch The Wire.

Over and out.

K

I hate you.

Now I'm Conne's, Kwilks, West24's and your *****. ****, my jaw is going to be sore in the morning.

Tardek

Reaction score
I hate you.

Now I'm Conne's, Kwilks, West24's and your *****. ****, my jaw is going to be sore in the morning.

And they say it's the mollusc you have to beware of
rimshot.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this has quickly turned into a sexy thread.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
a growth cycle was the cancer that killed superfuture.

Actually, it was the smart idea to put PMs as a sub-sub category under "Super control" where no one could find it that killed Superfuture. The search function has also become impossible to locate. VBulletin is fairly well designed. Why they decided to mess around with that part of the site, I have no insight on. The rest of the site could have been redesigned, and they could have left the interface for Supertalk pretty much intact, and everything would probably have been hunky dory. Instead, they now have Super-Vista. Congratulations.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deathrow1986
Well it has been a long time since i have read a noobbashing thread on a forum... No seriously now. Yes i know i am new to this site so please do not criticise me because of it ok. I have had a similar thread on Bombsquadgolf.com some time ago. Like i said on there: Unless i can contribute to the topic i dont make a reply. I mean..most things i want to know can be found by making a simple search. Second: YES new members must pay their respects to the "older"members in that they should not start fights out of nothing and act like a bunch of arrogant *****. At the same time the older members should know to have some patience with certain new members
teacha.gif
I for one think that especialy on a forum like this you ought to act as a gentleman and be respectfull to each other. The members i have talked to know that i am polite and show my respect, and if i do say something that does not go well with everyone than most will know that it was not meant that way. We are this community and only together we can make this work. Just my €0.02 ...... Now lets continue the ranting!!!
fight[1].gif
Kevin

I don't know who you are, but if half the people on the planet thought more like you the world would be a better place. ~ H

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe NOOBs first 100 posts should be confined to just one area for the first 100 posts - the introduction thread or some FAQ/Noob control area or just DT??

I mean lets face it, the majority of their 100 first posts ARE dumb posts.

"Oh hey, interview shoes, my brother recommends kenneth cole loafers"

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Do we really want this place to become a forum where nobody new ever posts?

If it wasn't for the MrPoloGuy's of the world... we wouldn't have dumb threads!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Maybe, just maybe NOOBs first 100 posts should be confined to just one area for the first 100 posts - the introduction thread or some FAQ/Noob control area or just DT??

I mean lets face it, the majority of their 100 first posts ARE dumb posts.

"Oh hey, interview shoes, my brother recommends kenneth cole loafers"

nah, a lot of new guys show up with urgent legitimate questions. Every year around prom time there is a newb surge for example. Now sure, you can make a point that the correct answer is "search function", but really this sort of stuff is the lifeblood of boards like this. A lot of those guys stick around and become Respected Members, most fall by the wayside....but at the same time, they have real questions for the board, and discussion follows from this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads