• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the heck's "Polostore" brand?? -- NOT Ralph Lauren's "Polo" i assume.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please help me ID these shoes I just bought.

I purchased these shoes which were listed as being made by "Polo" & having been "made in England".

SOOOOO, I expected some C&J's.

When they arrived, I saw the footbed says, "Polostore" & looks nothing like the footbeds of ANY Polo, Ralph Lauren shoes I have ever seen.

The polo player,s mallet is even pointing downward, instead of overhead, like in Polo's logo.

They are stamped as 8 1/2D & fit TTS (as I am an 8 1/2D).

I've added some pics & hope the SF experts can help me!

thanks & take care

IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9858.jpg

IMG_9860.jpg

IMG_9861.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
lol8[1].gif

That's halfway how I feel right now.

I thought I got a great deal on some C&J's, now I'm just hoping there's SOMETHING to this brand other than blatant attempt at making $$$ off of Ralph's brand.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
just 'cause they aren't RL doesn't mean they're bad per se... still English made shoes and if they were a good price and you like them then why not.

I'm sure someone will chime in with the manufacturer.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
just 'cause they aren't RL doesn't mean they're bad per se... still English made shoes and if they were a good price and you like them then why not.

I'm sure someone will chime in with the manufacturer.

I agree with you, as long as I like them, the mfr doesn't really matter. Problem is that I expected some C&J Polo shoes, which are reasonably substantial shoes. For the purposes I bought them, the more substantial shoe is a necessity.

These, however, are feather light & have thinner soles. It'll be hard to make them work.

Besides, I'm really wondering.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Not Ralph Lauren, but they are made by Alfred Sargent (98% sure).

Rebel, I KNOW you've handled a ton of shoes, so I don't doubt you. However, why do you say AS?

All the AS I've seen have a double row of nails around the heel (these have a single) & the combo heel is of the "notched" style, rather than straight across.

thanks

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
would you mind posting a full view. ty

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
would you mind posting a full view. ty

don't know why I skipped that... added to original post, friend!

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
Rebel, I KNOW you've handled a ton of shoes, so I don't doubt you. However, why do you say AS?

All the AS I've seen have a double row of nails around the heel (these have a single) & the combo heel is of the "notched" style, rather than straight across.

thanks

I am just going off memory. I had an older pair of Polo Ralph Lauren shoes with the same crest and "Made in England" on the soles. I cannot find the old thread, but I am 98% sure that it was determined to be Alfred Sargent. . . much older than the current 2 row of nails.

I have a fairly good memory, but I can't find the old thread. I doubt the pics are still uploaded, so you will still have to take my word, if you happen to find the old thread.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, here are some Polo shoes from the 80's:

PoloHeel.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads