1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Television Series Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by topbroker, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

From the present ones only House, at times...

On DVD:

Jeeves and Wootser
    Blackadder
    Young Indiana Jones

Planning to buy:

Buffy, the Vampire Slayer (yay!)
    Twin Peaks

Nero Wolfe (upon the rec. by Huntsman in this thread, looks great..)

2. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but has anyone seen How I Met Your Mother?

That show is one of the funniest I've seen in a long time.

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but has anyone seen How I Met Your Mother?
    That is enjoyable. The whole two-hour block with Mother, 2-1/2 Men, the geeks and the hot babe and the other one I can't remember the name of have sucked me into the television vortex more times than I care to reveal.

4. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

That show is one of the funniest I've seen in a long time.

It's not earth-shattering, but it's probably the funniest conventional sitcom (not 30 Rock, not the Office, not Scrubs, etc., which are different) I've seen in a while. And the characters are very likable.

5. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

30 Rock might be one of the most unfunny shows on television. i've given it an honest shot and sat through a few episodes. chuckled a couple of times, and thats about it.

6. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Tonight's Office is epic. I'm really enjoying this episode.

7. oneblood

oneblood Senior member

30 Rock might be one of the most unfunny shows on television. i've given it an honest shot and sat through a few episodes. chuckled a couple of times, and thats about it.

I can understand how some people could not like it, but 30 Rock is by far one of the funniest shows on TV, if nothing else it is far more original than most television. Television comedy is garbage right now anyway, crap like Two and a Half Men gets huge ratings. 30 Rock is pretty referential and there are alot of hidden jokes, some people don't catch all of the jokes since you have to operate from a very similar frame of reference as the writers. Your entitled to your opinion and I don't want to give the "you must not get it then" explanation because that's a cop out but I'm curious what shows you think are funny that are currently on television (god help you if your response includes Family Guy).

8. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

lost, office, top chef

9. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

10. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

Reruns of:
    Sanford & Son
    A Cook's Tour
    King of the Hill (after not having watched it in two years)
    South Park
    Robbery Homicide Division

11. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

I'm making my way through all of Arrested Development on DVD again. Damn, is it good.

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'm making my way through all of Arrested Development on DVD again. Damn, is it good.
    I know. One of the first things I did with my best friend when we got back from college last week was watch some AD. It's just too good.

13. Graphotism

Graphotism New Member

Its been mentioned but That Mitchell and Webb Look is great. If your a fan of The Office be sure to look up Peep Show...It beats The Office hands down.

Oh and Count Duckula Season 1...

14. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I'm about to start watching The Tudors this weekend. Anyone watching it? How do you like it?

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

I got introduced to Trailer Park Boys a few days ago by a friend, and I'm already halfway through the fourth season. I can't believe this show never made it to the US, so damn funny.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I got introduced to Trailer Park Boys a few days ago by a friend, and I'm already halfway through the fourth season. I can't believe this show never made it to the US, so damn funny.

Good call! Last time I was in Canada, that shoe had me LOL'ing. The big guy that always has a drink in his hand kills me.

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i just spend the last 4 hours watching Storage Wars on AE. eff

18. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

When I went to the movies on Sunday, previous to the movie, they ran a little preview of the upcoming season. That was the first time I've seen any footage of the show (I'd heard of it but never watched it), and that was enough for me.

19. Elusive

Elusive Senior member

Just started the tudors very interesting take on the old british royals and with loads of sex and violence thrown in for good measure