1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Television Series Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by topbroker, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I've really been liking the UK Office lately. First saw it a year or two ago, didn't get into it. Really enjoyed the US version afterwards and then gave the UK version another chance and found it easier to get into after seeing the US program. Also have been watching all the past-season episodes of Flight of the Conchords again. Can't wait until they run the second season. Curb season 6 is awesome. Leon is the shit. I die of laughter every time I see the Rat Dog episode.
    Leon is the fucking man. "You just got some long-ass balls, Larry." "I brings the ruckus to the ladies."

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

longball larry

3. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Also have been watching all the past-season episodes of Flight of the Conchords again. Can't wait until they run the second season.

I am halfway through downloading Flight of the Conchords. I think I already saw/heard most of the songs before on Youtube or elsewhere (I saw them perform Business Time on a late-night talkshow) but I want to see how they play out the stories behind the songs.

Have you seen Tongan Ninja?

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I finally started watching Dexter season 1 over this weekend and it's so good. It's one of those shows I can easily do a marathon and watch it all in one day without losing any interest.

6. lithium180

lithium180 Senior member

Reilly: Ace of Spies!

Starring a young Sam Neil, this series follows the story of the first British super spy, who worked around the world securing interests (largely related to oil concessions, Russia/Germany/UK military power balance, and the Russian revolution) at the turn of the 20th century. The historical accuracy of this series is unbelievable as are the characters and the acting. Really transports one back to the era of the early 1900s.

Also sporadically watching episodes of the Prisoner.

Rumpole of the Bailey [​IMG]

Cool!

Next on my to watch list:

Sleepers - About two Russian spies who are tasked with infiltrating English society. They do it so well that 20 years later when they have families and are settled down in England, they get reactivated by the KGB and find themselves running from the Russian government.

Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth

7. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

Brideshead Revisited

I, Claudius

The Monty Python TV show

The Irish RM (not universally admired but funny if you have an Irish background or enjoy the humorous side of the clash of cultures)

and of course, Manimal

8. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

I think Burn Notice is a great show.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Oh, started watching The Shield on DVD last year and got caught up enough to watch last season on TV. What a fucking show! And never has anyone re-invented their persona like Micheal Chiklis did.

10. topbroker

topbroker Senior member

I've launched another series with the first two episodes of Monarch of the Glen on DVD. So far it strikes me as very much Northern Exposure in the highlands, which is not at all bad; another obvious antecedent is All Creatures Great and Small, another show with wacky locals to spare. It remains to be seen if Monarch of the Glen, which seems determinedly light in tone, can ever pull off the trick of being actually moving, as those two series do. One less than hopeful sign is that Richard Briers's Hector, the family patriarch who occupies a roughly equivalent position in the show's schema to Barry Corbin's Maurice in Northern Exposure and Robert Hardy's Siegfried Farnon in All Creatures, is far more purely cartoonish (and less engaging) than those two complex and oddly endearing gentlemen.

Still, only two episodes into a seven season series; plenty of time.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I just finished Dexter Season I, and am waiting for the Season 2 set to come out.

12. mishon

mishon Senior member

+1 on Dexter. Great show.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I just finished season 2 Dexter on Showtime OnDemand....DAMN that was a great season. It's amazing how they wrapped it all up in the end, nice and neat.

Now I'm bummed I have to wait until sept for season 3. ugh

14. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I was watching Cashmere Mafia, but I think it got canceled. [​IMG]

15. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Season 4 of House has just started here, with season 4 of Doctor Who starting on Saturday.

Primeval was silly but addictive.

I have enjoyed Torchwood recently and both Armstrong & Miller and Mitchell & Webb have been wonderful.

Here are a few links to those who have not seen the current British masters of comedy.

Armstrong & Miller:

The RAF pilots are hilarious!

Dedicated teacher:

Try these out! They appeared randomly throughout the series.

Record producer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ErtlWoZluCA

Santa: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qkf2ZXJP7v8&feature=related

The Pope: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6lZks_VZyX8&feature=related

Estate agent: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tZVs1Mr3lic

Mitchell & Webb:

German skull soldiers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5WoLnOOlU

Germany gets a new Fuhrer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcQpj...eature=related

16. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

On TV - John Adams

On DVD - just picked up Season 1 of Rocky & Bullwinkle - will be introducing my children to this classic beginning tonight.

17. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Currently on my third run through The Wire...I don't think it will ever get old. I bet I'll be rewatching it for years to come.

18. xchen

xchen Senior member

Fuck what they did with taking a break from Lost. I am actually glad it's going to be at 10 when it comes back on because I'll be able to watch the Office and then Lost. In it's place I have started watching Arrested Development on DVD. Good stuff.

19. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

I was a fan of The Office (UK), but I was a bit late to the party on the US version, so I'm progressing through it now. I have to give it props, there's some great stuff in there. The UK women still beat the Americans though, Sauce. [​IMG] Though there was at least one ep where Jan looked f*cking KILLER!

20. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I was a fan of The Office (UK), but I was a bit late to the party on the US version, so I'm progressing through it now. I have to give it props, there's some great stuff in there.

The UK women still beat the Americans though, Sauce.
    [​IMG] Though there was at least one ep where Jan looked f*cking KILLER!

Wait til season 3 when she gets her boob job.[​IMG]