• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What t-shirt colors are good, anyway?

mrhappy

Reaction score
Black is a tee staple of mine, but a neverending parade of it would give me away too obviously for the nerd/metalhead that I am. I also dig my dark-green Jameson tee. Outside of that, though... what colors do you guys recommend as far as t-shirts go? Is it really the case that almost anything can work? In particular at the moment I'm mentally debating whether a light-brown/cream colored tee that's cheap on ebay might be any good (http://i19.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/80/fd/555e_2.JPG), but I'm also just kind of curious in general--what colors do you usually try to pull off? Or if you're in a better boat than I am, successfully pull off?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, grey v-neck t-shirt = sexy time. I must have 2 weeks worth of them. A good t-shirt is one that is made of thick fabric and will last you for a long time. My favorite t-shirt is like 6 years old, at least.

redmania

Reaction score
V-neck t-shirt any colour if it is black, white and grey. You'll find them very versatile.

Max

Reaction score
I'm a huge slut for aqua.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My staples are black, olive, and chocolate brown, with burnt orange as an accent.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For plain tee's, its Red and Black.

I find white t-shirts too much like Im just wearing an undershirt.

lacoste_alot

Reaction score
royal blue, black, dark and kelly greens, and lavender.... definitely hot t-shirt colors

rainmaker

Reaction score
Just depends on the colour of your skin / hair.

If you're like me and are on the pale side of oriental Asian, then I'll gladly expand. Otherwise someone else will probably be able to give better advice.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Just depends on the colour of your skin / hair. If you're like me and are on the pale side of oriental Asian, then I'll gladly expand. Otherwise someone else will probably be able to give better advice.
Andy already has: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/T...orAnalysis.htm
wink.gif

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using AAAC's colour guides for T-SHIRTS is going just a little too far.
laugh.gif

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Using AAAC's colour guides for T-SHIRTS is going just a little too far.
laugh.gif

Seems to me that would be the best thing to use it for: t-shirts have no colour rules (can't wear a brown suit to an interview), are easy to find in a variety of colours (where do you find an oyster dress shirt?), are cheap enough to experiment with (does mustard yellow really look good on anyone?), and are always worn close to showing bare skin, where colour matters most. Really, there are only four answers the OP could have expected:
  • "My favourite colours are..."
  • "The in colours this season are..."
  • "White and black are classic."
  • "Wear what looks good on you."
AAAC's guide is a systematic attempt at the latter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics