• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sunglasses are you wearing?

gardel

Reaction score
That's good info LabelKing. I had no idea. I did a search for those Cutler & Gross buffalo horn frames and found these. Wow, they run around $900 (495 pounds).

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The model name is Drifter.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J, those rock. Where did you get them?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
At a garage sale right by my house. The lady insisted on $5 including the original case, but since they are polarized and in almost perfect shape, I went for it.

stache

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang,June 09 2005,17:35
As promised, here are my Zeiss:
Don't care for those at all and are way too big for your face IMO.
I am inclined to agree. The lower part of the lenses sit too far down from your cheekbone area. They are making your midface area look flat.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am inclined to agree. The lower part of the lenses sit too far down from your cheekbone area. they are making your midface area look flat.
Wow, I've never had anyone tell me that and I actually am inclined to agree with you. I really like aviator-style shades though and I look like a dork in pretty much everything else. But I'll keep that in mind next time I go shopping for eyewear.

Ha, I knew this digicam was good for something other than taking my vanity to a new level.

cpac

Reaction score
This is the pair of Oakleys I own:
420960a04a105.jpg_0_0_0.jpg
Hardly the jack-ass plastic things that seem to engender so much hatred around here.

brooklyn

Reaction score
This is the pair of Oakleys I own:
420960a04a105.jpg_0_0_0.jpg
Hardly the jack-ass plastic things that seem to engender so much hatred around here.
I think people see some of their sunglasses and make a generaliztion about all of their products. I agree that some of there stuff is garbage but these are a perfect example of what else Oakley makes. Its not all cheap plastic frames.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Certainly much better than the ones I had in mind but the bridge is still plastic (or plastic-looking). And ditto what retronotmetro had to say about the O logo.

They're more acceptable, but still not all the way there.

cpac

Reaction score
Certainly much better than the ones I had in mind but the bridge is still plastic (or plastic-looking). And ditto what retronotmetro had to say about the O logo.

the bridge is the same metal as the rest of the frames, and the O thing - well I don't find it all that noticable, but certainly not tasteless to the extent you can see it.

Clearly, Oakleys are not for you. But to suggest that wearing those sunglasses with a suit would somehow be tasteless or break some "rule" is just silly.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
my dailys are a pair of black Prada plastic frame, look similar to classic Persols. these have the best fit of any plastic frame i have ever tried. in general, plastic frames dont work well for the yellowman since we dont have that nose bridge the frames need to sit on (damn our flat faces.)

in retirement are a pair of black Paul Smith plastic frames from 7 years ago which used to be the best fitting pair before i found the Prada ones.

as a backup in case i sit on the Pradas is the classic Rayban Wayfarer.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Clearly, Oakleys are not for you. But to suggest that wearing those sunglasses with a suit would somehow be tasteless or break some "rule" is just silly.
Well, it's a personal rule. It's disappointing that it's not universally shared. I can only dream...

YMark

Reaction score
(cpac @ June 10 2005,03:42) Clearly, Oakleys are not for you. Â But to suggest that wearing those sunglasses with a suit would somehow be tasteless or break some "rule" is just silly.
Well, it's a personal rule. It's disappointing that it's not universally shared. I can only dream...
What rule are you breaking when you wear sunglasses way too big for your face?

brooklyn

Reaction score

Are you saying that your specs are more acceptable than the oakleys pictured? You should go to your local sunglass hut or O store and just try a pair on. Have an open mind, I have a feeling that you may like them. They will be much lighter on you face and may fit better than your zeiss specs. Have an open mind and just try them.

There is nothing that is plastic on these frames.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads