• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What suit would The Governator look best in other than Bespoke?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Arnold may need to go to Brioni and more padding:
126a7fl.jpg

126a8w4.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gang.jpg

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess Arnold is officially off the juice. Where would he be today without steroids. He wouldn't have been a champion bodybuilder. Nor a movie star. Never would have met Maria and certainly wouldn't have become Governor of California. The biggest travesty is that he was the Chairman of the President's Council on Physical Fitness.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I guess Arnold is officially off the juice. Where would he be today without steroids. He wouldn't have been a champion bodybuilder. Nor a movie star. Never would have met Maria and certainly wouldn't have become Governor of California. The biggest travesty is that he was the Chairman of the President's Council on Physical Fitness.

No Arnold is different. There are lot of guys out there who are a lot bigger than Arnold yet they are no where near Arnold's success. Arnold is VERY VERY determined man. He understood what he had to do to succeed. He was a very good decision maker and he stood by his decision no matter what.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess Arnold is officially off the juice. Where would he be today without steroids. He wouldn't have been a champion bodybuilder. Nor a movie star. Never would have met Maria and certainly wouldn't have become Governor of California. The biggest travesty is that he was the Chairman of the Presidents Council on Physical fitness.

--- Be careful now. Sports are not healthy folks, none of them are. Sport's heroes are daredevils doing dangerous activities. Society likes to throw stones on this 'Evil Steriod' deal but, Boxing is much more dangerous, as is race car driving. Football is very dangerous to your health, basketball, sorry it's not healthy. Contrary to popular belief, I know of no known documented person that has ever died of using 'steriods' Diruetics yes. Alcohol yes, Sport, especially driving and motorcycling, yes. And no, lyle alzedo (sp) did not die of steriods nor is there any data to support his type of cancer and steriods. And Deca is not anadrol 50 folks. I'm not pro steriod but I am pro rational, educated discussion and there are alot of people standing on pedestals acting like they know something they no nothing about but what a little picture box tells them to believe. To his credit, he did train very hard, and was born with amazing genetics-you can't make an Arnold out of a ectomorph, at least not yet, wait til gene therapy and tissue engineering hit the scene.

Eating well, exercising while trying to lessen the chance of injury, seeing your doctor, and avoiding risky activies are healthy. So who do you pick? I'd say someone who has advanced degrees in related areas of nutrition and exercise science. This is the way to do it.

Maybe we shouldn't allow those who have genetic advantages over others as unfair advantage?
But wait, what if I can safely genetically enhance myself?

It will be here before you know it.

Actually Arnold didn't have proper leg development. And although he trained and lived the sport, without the genetics and drugs he would never had looked as he did, however, his competition were doign the same thing.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also would not want to look like Arnold in his heyday. It's too cartoonish and is unnatural.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bodybuilding, Hollywood and politics, all "smoke and mirrors". Where the disingenuous prevail and Arnold has excelled.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I also would not want to look like Arnold in his heyday. It's too cartoonish and is unnatural.

Bodybuilders from 70s had beautiful physique. Look at today's bodybuilder's body.. guys like Rony Coleman, Jay Clutter, Lee Priest .. thats unatural and cartoonish looking bodies to me.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Agreed. Body builders back then were more statuesque, whereas today’s builders seem to be about exposing every sinew in their body. I find this grotesque.

Also when Arnold was using steroids I think it was legal.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome

Also when Arnold was using steroids I think it was legal.

Steroids have been a controlled substance since their inception. Regardless of a league/sports stance on them, they can not be possessed(much less used) without a doctors prescription under penalty of law.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Bodybuilders from 70s had beautiful physique. Look at today's bodybuilder's body.. guys like Rony Coleman, Jay Clutter, Lee Priest .. thats unatural and cartoonish looking bodies to me.
I agree completely.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steroids have been a controlled substance since their inception. Regardless of a league/sports stance on them, they can not be possessed(much less used) without a doctors prescription under penalty of law.

In the 1970's and 1980's, federal regulation of anabolic steroids came under the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration under the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. 21 U.S.C.A. Sections 351, 352, 353, 355 (1981 & Supp. 1990).
Anabolic steroids were required to be prescribed and dispensed by licensed physicians ***but were not scheduled as controlled substances***. It is often overlooked, however, that black market drug trafficking of anabolic steroids already was illegal before anabolics became classified as controlled substances. Under 1988 legislation amending the Food and Drug Act, criminal penalties were specifically set forth for traffickers in anabolic steroids for non-medical reasons. This Anti-Drug Abuse Act would have enabled effective enforcement against those illegally dispensing steroids and black market dealers, including application of federal forfeiture laws, without classifying steroids as controlled substances. Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988, Pub. L. No. 100-690, Sec 2401, 102 Stat. 4181 (1988), repealed in November, 1990, effective Feb., 1991, by the Anabolic Steroids Control Act.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I agree completely.

Arnold's group never really delved into the advanced pharmacology of GH, IGF, asthma medications, and most importantly to the current look and potentially the most risky of the drugs, Diuretics.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I'm thinking Arnold may need to go to Brioni and more padding:
126a7fl.jpg

126a8w4.jpg

Is the "Now" picture of Arnold an actual recent photo of him? I find that hard to believe! Isn't it Arnold's head imposed on a much older man's body?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads