What suit colors should i own

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Dec 1, 2004.

1. demeis

demeis Senior member

I remember reading about this in a thread, or at least it was mentioned and now i can't find it again. WHat basic suit colors should i own. I own a black 3 button, a Navy 2 button, a charcol mini stripe, and a grey nail head. What color should i buy next.

On another question what about green/olive and brown. I see a lot on ebay was wondering if they are worth buying?

thanks
    Nik

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

3. demeis

demeis Senior member

Haha that looks like a stewarts outfit from the 70's

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I think taupe is a nice color to consider next. Also, there are many different variations of grey you can wear, so go crazy.

5. minimal

minimal Senior member

Sounds like you're due for a Glen plaid, or similar. Someone once referred to a gorgeous plaid I saw as a "Windsor plaid". I don't know if that is an "official" name, but if it is you should check that out too. In any case, these are often very subtle patterns, which look more like texture than what one might traditionally associate with the word "plaid".

Oh, I meant to say these are usually based on a grey base color with blue and/or brown added as the detail. You asked about color and I went on about pattern, not the same thing but I hope it makes sense.

Good luck.

6. demeis

demeis Senior member

I was thinking a charcol with light blue pin stripes? I was bidding on a Barbera one on ebay but got out bid but i really liked the look.