• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stuff ruins your vacation?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small children whose parents let them run around and do whatever they want.

Crappy food.

People who don't get drunk.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain, people getting tired too early and lack of cashiola.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Small children whose parents let them run around and do whatever they want.
Crappy food.
People who don't get drunk.

Have you got children yourself?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also, people who are always late/slow.

People who can't walk for more than 20 minutes.
People who would prefer to eat in a restaurant that is also located at home.
People who try to hit the tourist sites (e.g. museums) even though they have no interest in what the site exhibits (e.g. art).

Yes, god damn.

Personally, I thing I usually like to keep on trucking when I'm on vacation. Some moderate sleeping in is allowed but once its on, it should be on. Hit a bad patch of weather at the beach, I'd rather go to a bar or something and try to wait it out than go back to the hotel (and if there is good weather, I'd rather stay there until I'm forced to leave). If I am skiing, I want to go until the lift operator tells me its the last ride up and starts flipping up the chairs behind me. If I am somewhere with a nightlife on Saturday night, I don't want to be back in my hotel at midnight....I'm on vacations dammit and vacations aren't meant for rest (if you want to rest, just take friday off and stay home, don't buy a plane ticket and a hotel for the privilege of sleeping in an exotic locale)

My last vacation was plagued by indecisiveness and people with no stamina....

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

if loud people at breakfast ruin a whole vacation for you... then well that's just your problem.
complaining about loud americans at breakfast should be something to rant about in the "things you just don't get" or "things that are pissing you off" threads.

Last vacation I was on, was eating breakfast near a table full of Long Island/Jersey Shore types. The conversation basically consisted of them saying "eyyyyy what the **** that's ******* **** man **** the **** eyyyyyyyyyy" for an hour. It was hard not to laugh, they were so overwhelmingly douchy.

Jersey Shore types should be denied passports. I don't want the rest of the world associating them with America.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bad : shoes, coffee, weather, manners.

ndsleep612

Reaction score
In regards to my original posting, if you were to have experienced the lameness that I had while on vacation, would you end your friendship with those type of people? I personally am seeing that their friendship is a huge waste of time if they can't get their stuff correct on vacation which also translate into life as well.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last vacation I was on, was eating breakfast near a table full of Long Island/Jersey Shore types. The conversation basically consisted of them saying "eyyyyy what the **** that's ******* **** man **** the **** eyyyyyyyyyy" for an hour. It was hard not to laugh, they were so overwhelmingly douchy.
Jersey Shore types should be denied passports. I don't want the rest of the world associating them with America.

have you ever been to breezy point (beginning of jersey shore) and surrounding areas... it can be ******* beautiful.... I remember running a 10k in the area (my first time there) and was amazed at how nice some of the area is...

my wife and I drive up there a lot to go bike riding... sure its full of "jersey shore" types... but the area can be so nice that you can look past that.

its not like queens/brooklyn/new yawker native accents aren't as grating... but there part of the topography.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

have you ever been to breezy point (beginning of jersey shore) and surrounding areas... it can be ******* beautiful.... I remember running a 10k in the area (my first time there) and was amazed at how nice some of the area is...
my wife and I drive up there a lot to go bike riding... sure its full of "jersey shore" types... but the area can be so nice that you can look past that.
its not like queens/brooklyn/new yawker native accents aren't as grating... but there part of the topography.

Nope, my exposure to the whole area has been minimal. Not so far away from me now though, might consider it for a summer beach trip. Not really much farther than Ocean City or Rehobath.

I don't mind the accent, I'm talking about the behavior of the literal "Jersey Shore" caricatures. I try to go places that don't appeal to their ilk, but there's always a few it seems.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the number one reason is Rain.

boom. came to say this. nothing ruins a great vacay like **** weather.

also, as pointed out by others, people who can not decide/agree on something to do, and end up doing nothing.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

boom. came to say this. nothing ruins a great vacay like **** weather.
also, as pointed out by others, people who can not decide/agree on something to do, and end up doing nothing.

Went to Costa Rica for vacation. Got there, it was raining buckets and was predicted to rain the whole week. We canceled the reservation, got on a bus, and drove to the other coast (Atlantic--->Pacific), and had sun all week. Ad libbing ftw!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Went to Costa Rica for vacation. Got there, it was raining buckets and was predicted to rain the whole week. We canceled the reservation, got on a bus, and drove to the other coast (Atlantic--->Pacific), and had sun all week. Ad libbing ftw!

:slayer: well done sir

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

No ...
Even in Italy , they're seen as loud..

It is actually not that true, it is just that americans tend to be loud in different contexts than Italians or Spaniards, people who are, overall, ******* loud. In Canada, Quebeckers are extremely loud in restaurants and I guess even an Italian would notice.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads