1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What stuff ruins your vacation?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ndsleep612, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ndsleep612

ndsleep612 Well-Known Member

I was wondering what kind of stuff will ruin your vacation if you were taking one with a few friends? I just got back from a really bad Vegas trip with 2 lame friends. Apparently from experience, you find out the "true" side of so-called friends when you go on vacation with them.

1) Vacation friends that sleep at 11pm on a Friday/Saturday night while in Las Vegas or NYC, because they think it's boring.
    2) People that do drugs and get high before and during the trip. Without any drugs, they ruin it for everyone else.
    3) People that CANNOT enjoy life: having a drink once in a while, a smoke or a cigar, partying at clubs.
    4) Jealousy, if they can't get/have it, no one else can.
    5) Travel companions that do not want to spend a dime on traveling etiquette such as tips for bellhops, waiters and taxi drivers.

anyone care to share their buzz kills from past vacations?

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

well, last time it was being told I drank too much.

3. Eason

Eason Senior member

1. Vegetarians
    2. Mainland Chinese

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  4. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

+1

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

People who "don't do things" in general tend to be bad vacation partners.
    "Hey, let's try this place, it looks really good."
    "I don't know, they don't have any vegetarian food, do they... Let's keep walking... Let's keep walking... Let's keep walking... Let's keep..."
    "...Fuck you."

Also, people who are always late/slow.

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

3. Expats.
    4. Hong Kong and Macao Chinese.

7. why

why Senior member

Going to Las Vegas.

8. ndsleep612

ndsleep612 Well-Known Member

Eason, you read my mind. LoL. Seriously I don't even know why these "don't do things" people ever bother to go on vacation. Many times you don't know this until you go on vacation with them. They try to hide their "true" selves on a regular basis, but they reveal themselves when on vacation by "don't do things". :brick:

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

My mother-in-law....

Went once on holidays once with her to Cannes and she couldn't stop whining about the car's journey and the weather...

She couldn't move her back and other shite..

Strangely enough , her back got a lot better when we reach Monaco and Saint-Tropez..

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Friends and family who are slow to get dressed, who walk slowly, and who can't make decisions.

Also folks who can't do things independently. I have to have my space every now and then, so I don't won't people feeling as though we have to be together and do things together all the time. I need time on my own.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yeah, this. Particularly the 'space' business. I don't want to be the coordinator or tour guide all the damn time, sometimes I just want to amble about.

I resolved a few years back that my wife and I would take separate vacations henceforth. I haven't floated this idea past her yet, though.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

As Hemingway said, "Never go on trips with anyone you do not love"

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Inflexible attitude

14. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Exactly. Other people.

The best vacations are those taken by oneself. You can be as selfish and self centered as you like, having no responsibilty other than to yourself.

15. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I'd say vacations with compromise in general. I love vacationing with my fiancee because she expects me to plan for everything, and tell her where we will go ect... She likes a vacation on rails where she is directed to do everything with no decisions. In my adult life, I've been careful to avoid vacations with anyone else, save family, because I know I wouldn't enjoy it.

16. xpress

xpress Senior member

Montezuma's revenge.

It doesn't matter who you're with, that shit'll ruin any trip.

1 person likes this.
  17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I mostly travel alone, so I don't have to deal with other people.

18. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

People who can't walk for more than 20 minutes.
    People who would prefer to eat in a restaurant that is also located at home.
    People who try to hit the tourist sites (e.g. museums) even though they have no interest in what the site exhibits (e.g. art).

19. plei89

plei89 Senior member

I think the number one reason is Rain.

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

you know that friend that just "kinda broke up" with a significant other who "needs a vacation"? don't go with that person. (especially with text/email/facebook/cellphones/voicemail).

you know that friend that just started a relationship with a significant other in the "corny and gooey stage"? don't go with that person either (especially with text/email/facebook/cellphones/ect).

you'll end up wanting to strangle/drop kick the emasculated guy who's on the phone/checking facebook/email/text/ect 85% of the time and distracted by his own shit.