• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stores to shop in San Diego and LA?

jcard

Reaction score
Whats up fellas?
From Toronto going to San Deigo and LA in a couple weeks. What stores should I check out, make sure I visit, buy something at?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
SD nothing

LA

barneys
fred segal (both)
confederacy
american rag
mmm
secret service
south willard
douglas fir
maxfield
opening ceremony
maxfield
traffic
legion on larchmont

/thread

shasta

Reaction score
bummer - I'm going out to San Diego in 3 weeks to visit a friend - can you at least reccomend me somethingget some retail therapy in San Diego? is UNIV any good?

splattered

Reaction score
Fashion valley is about it, if you wanna do the little vintage/thrift type stores hillcrest can be fun too

thriftstyler

Reaction score
Off 5th (saks) in Mission Valley some good buys right now, that's about it!
How about heading to La Jolla, hit Georges at the Cove top deck over looking the cove,
get some mussels a margarita or two catch some rays, just chill then head down to wind n' sea beach right close, watch the sun dip below the horizon and be reminded how good life really is.
k

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SD = above average, blond, white girls. Who needs shopping when you have eye candy? =)

For real, save the shopping for LA. Save SD for Aryan watching and carne asada burritos/fries.

ps
Don't sucked into Legoland, although I doubt you would.

happy hooligan

Reaction score
Actually there is one awesome thing in SD... Stone Brewery! Worth the hour tour for the free samples!

and I liked Lego Land. Of course it was free that day, so maybe if you paid for it that would be different..

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a market for a good mens store in SD??

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I think that a few have tried in the Gaslight district, but I don't know what the market there is like. A lot of money is... in the hands of older people, who shop at old school places in La Jolla, and the younger folks are highly outdoors oriented, and less fashion conscious than their LA counterparts.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Nope. There used to be a couple of shops around Little Italy that sold low-mid tier SW&D stuff but they soon fizzled out. The SD scene, while relatively untapped, receives too much competition from surf/skate shops to distract guys long enough from wearing flip flops or Etnies.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that a few have tried in the Gaslight district, but I don't know what the market there is like. A lot of money is... in the hands of older people, who shop at old school places in La Jolla, and the younger folks are highly outdoors oriented, and less fashion conscious than their LA counterparts.

No one has really tried with something contemporary and cool.

There've been attempts at making decent menswear stores but there hasn't been a single one that stocks what people are really buying these days.

There's still a very wide opening in that regard.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Nope. There used to be a couple of shops around Little Italy that sold low-mid tier SW&D stuff but they soon fizzled out. The SD scene, while relatively untapped, receives too much competition from surf/skate shops to distract guys long enough from wearing flip flops or Etnies.
no one wears etnies unless they're twelve in san diego... its vans and dc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads