• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the revised one a rear facing tweeter?

I somehow missed this question. They both have rear facing tweeters but the E3 has a pot so you can dial it in while the E2 does not

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've fallen in love again with a couple more turntables besides the Luxman PD-441/444 that I will never buy

Micro Seiki DD-40 :drool:

sVDCbdd.jpg

Technics SL-110

QESRHUG.jpg

Technics SL-1200 mk1

RGtHprI.jpg

I'm certain that I'll fall in love all over again next month

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread.

Recently invested in a Pro-Ject turntable to get my old record collection spinning again.

Wondering what Vinyl record storage thread participants have found.... I am looking for about 45 inches wide (+/-)

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My records are in a set of Ikea bookshelf units, a 4 shelf section plus a 2 shelf, and an old wooden crate from some Port for the overflow. My 45s I've got in a couple small tin boxes.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Ikea Kallax is the way to start; there are better, much more expensive options out there, but the Kallax series is pretty much the go-to. They're priced right and relatively straightforward to assemble. If you load them up full, it is advisable to tack a backer board (1/4" plywood is good) to them to prevent shearing. I've seen pictures of multiple units that have collapsed and it's not pretty. Also, you can goof around with different sizes and stack them to make them fit into specific areas. But be advised: It's best to install them with the longer shelves running horizontally and the short ones vertically; the shorties act as support for the long ones in this configuration, but not the other way around. Again, if you overload them in the wrong direction, they can come apart.

My post probably seems full of foreboding, but they're actually damn good units for bulk storage of vinyl so just consider it a cautionary tale. There are also ways to hack them with tops and legs and what-not to create different types of stereo racks, etc. Google kallax, vinyl, images for inspiration. Expedit was the older Ikea series that Kallax replaced, so there are some ideas there, too.

Nader393

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Goodwill, of all places, is selling this pretty rare Sansui G-22000 monster receiver. Weighs about 100 lbs. Did someone donate it? Owner died without heirs? I bet it goes for $4K. Would go for more if they were willing to ship it.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My records are in a set of Ikea bookshelf units, a 4 shelf section plus a 2 shelf, and an old wooden crate from some Port for the overflow. My 45s I've got in a couple small tin boxes.
Ikea Kallax is the way to start; there are better, much more expensive options out there, but the Kallax series is pretty much the go-to. They're priced right and relatively straightforward to assemble. If you load them up full, it is advisable to tack a backer board (1/4" plywood is good) to them to prevent shearing. I've seen pictures of multiple units that have collapsed and it's not pretty. Also, you can goof around with different sizes and stack them to make them fit into specific areas. But be advised: It's best to install them with the longer shelves running horizontally and the short ones vertically; the shorties act as support for the long ones in this configuration, but not the other way around. Again, if you overload them in the wrong direction, they can come apart.

My post probably seems full of foreboding, but they're actually damn good units for bulk storage of vinyl so just consider it a cautionary tale. There are also ways to hack them with tops and legs and what-not to create different types of stereo racks, etc. Google kallax, vinyl, images for inspiration. Expedit was the older Ikea series that Kallax replaced, so there are some ideas there, too.

Thank you both for the replies.

Once I get a shelf/record storage, I'll post some pics.

In the meantime, here is the system I am listening to:
Polk audio LSi 7 speakers
ProJect Debut Carbon TT
ProJect Tube Box S2
Schrodinger Tube amp http://www.schrodinger.hk/ (gift from a friend who works with owner of Schrodinger, I had never heard of them before) Its a no frills piece, two inputs, (no phone pre) Bluetooth, volume, two speaker outputs, that's it....

So far, system sounds great, but I feel like I am going down a rabbit hole....

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hpreston Interesting power amp and I've liked the 6L6 tube in amps when I had them and appreciate that they aren't exotic. Should be a supply of them for ages as they are popular in guitar amps.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a meticulously placed sound dampener. If you’re not placing a cardboard box between your amp and speakers, you haven’t heard your sound system….

It’s actually the box of records from my parents house. As I said in previous post, vinyl storage furniture is being shopped and hopefully delivered before Christmas. I’ll get some better pictures of the rig then.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Goodwill, of all places, is selling this pretty rare Sansui G-22000 monster receiver. Weighs about 100 lbs. Did someone donate it? Owner died without heirs? I bet it goes for $4K. Would go for more if they were willing to ship it.

Bidding is up to $3700 with 2 days left on the auction. It's worth about $10k on the market so I'm betting it will go for around $7k

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads