• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
That is fantastic. I 100% blame a random copy of HiFi+ (bought 17 years ago? featuring some Boulder separates) for sending me down the high end rabbit hole. And look at me now...

worth noting... written whilst listening to the new MoFi Monk’a Dream ultra disk release

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Absolute Sound has launched an Instagram account. If you like good sound, check it out and give us a follow.

Disclaimer: I am now President of Nextscreen, the publisher of The Absolute Sound, hifi+ and WindingRoad.com.
How's it feel to be part of the MSM :)

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My setup in the rumpus room downstairs
Pioneer sx-750 receiver
Pioneer PL-115D TT
Pioneer HPM-900 speakers that I had restored.
Amazon Alexa hooked up to the AUX inputs for streaming

Attachments

• F6CA8513-C2D3-4E5A-BE61-DD3BF3FDFEEF.jpeg
    F6CA8513-C2D3-4E5A-BE61-DD3BF3FDFEEF.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 101

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My setup in the rumpus room downstairs
Pioneer sx-750 receiver
Pioneer PL-115D TT
Pioneer HPM-900 speakers that I had restored.
Amazon Alexa hooked up to the AUX inputs for streaming
The cat condo really ties everything together.

Any thoughts on chi fi? Reading this article and going to buy the kz headphones having lost my cheap samsungs.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I had Fleetwood Mac (the White Album) on the TT at the time. But TS is never far out of rotation.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of Chinese high end audio, I had an upgraded ESound CDP years ago. Great sound. It was solid and very well built and seriously engineered.

Over time, by coincidence, almost all of my gear and a cable is now made in Colorado (Ayre, Cardas, Green Mountain Audio, PS Audio).

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have one these 'fake' Nobsound valve amps (LOL). It was super cheap and serves a secondary amp particularly for streaming - it has bluetooth, but I usually send my NAS based music over to a Chromecast (audio) plugged into the er, NobSound. In fact, my 'proper' valve amp is packed up somewhere.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am using these kz IEMs for the first time. Am i n00b? Yes. Do i lack the power of articulation for audiophiles? Yes. Are these incredibly comfortable? Yes. Are these worth buying an upgrade considering they were 25 bucks? Hell no. Everything is super clear and not stupidly base heavy. I'm almost tempted to buy a pocket amp. *almost*. If anyone had recommendations for an affordable one.

I don't know guys. Like at this price point and quality level im probably sold on chi fi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads