• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
That is fantastic. I 100% blame a random copy of HiFi+ (bought 17 years ago? featuring some Boulder separates) for sending me down the high end rabbit hole. And look at me now...
worth noting... written whilst listening to the new MoFi Monk’a Dream ultra disk release

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Absolute Sound has launched an Instagram account. If you like good sound, check it out and give us a follow.

Disclaimer: I am now President of Nextscreen, the publisher of The Absolute Sound, hifi+ and WindingRoad.com.
How's it feel to be part of the MSM :)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My setup in the rumpus room downstairs
Pioneer sx-750 receiver
Pioneer PL-115D TT
Pioneer HPM-900 speakers that I had restored.
Amazon Alexa hooked up to the AUX inputs for streaming
The cat condo really ties everything together.

Any thoughts on chi fi? Reading this article and going to buy the kz headphones having lost my cheap samsungs.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I had Fleetwood Mac (the White Album) on the TT at the time. But TS is never far out of rotation.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of Chinese high end audio, I had an upgraded ESound CDP years ago. Great sound. It was solid and very well built and seriously engineered.

Over time, by coincidence, almost all of my gear and a cable is now made in Colorado (Ayre, Cardas, Green Mountain Audio, PS Audio).

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have one these 'fake' Nobsound valve amps (LOL). It was super cheap and serves a secondary amp particularly for streaming - it has bluetooth, but I usually send my NAS based music over to a Chromecast (audio) plugged into the er, NobSound. In fact, my 'proper' valve amp is packed up somewhere.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am using these kz IEMs for the first time. Am i n00b? Yes. Do i lack the power of articulation for audiophiles? Yes. Are these incredibly comfortable? Yes. Are these worth buying an upgrade considering they were 25 bucks? Hell no. Everything is super clear and not stupidly base heavy. I'm almost tempted to buy a pocket amp. *almost*. If anyone had recommendations for an affordable one.

I don't know guys. Like at this price point and quality level im probably sold on chi fi.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.