What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Artisan Fan, Feb 11, 2008.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The Kef LS50 (not wireless) is the only recent speaker I would consider owning. Granted, I haven't heard a ton of new stuff.

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I prefer ELAC at the $2K range. Wait a month or two for the ELAC Adante monitor to come out. The designer Andrew Jones was trained at KEF by Laurie Fincham but has evolved past their designs imho.

3. habitant

habitant Senior member

The new Totem Sky is also very nice

4. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    I had my first bi-amping epiphany today. I never believed it is useful to do with just two dumb power amps. I was bored today and connected two integrated amps with tone controls to my speakers. I let Ayre run my treble and then vintage Marantz to run my mids and bass. I adjusted tone controls for more bass, adjusted balance since LP was playing uneven in volume. I was shocked how much more decent bass I have extracted from my speakers that were always light in that department. The difference is HUGE. So if you want to play around with bi-amping try two integrated amps with at least VOLUME control, so that you can adjust the sound for the type of music you are playing. My speakers came alive after 8 years for the first time. I listened to some classic jazz and Leonard Cohen, it sounded so, so good.... I am going to do the same to Wilsons when my Luxman returns from recap service.

5. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Was flipping through Rolling Stones booklet that came with reissue and saw this product placement: Ha ha, Pioneer paid for all the boose and coke. I found CS700 for 160 Eur on local classified and bought them. Marketing works.
    domtarle_carton.jpg 3908.jpg