What sports team do you support?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sir Humphrey Appleby, Jun 18, 2011.

1. HotlantaHoward

HotlantaHoward Senior member

I follow one sport, one team

[​IMG]

YEA Hotlanta!!

2. Rangoon

Rangoon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Never nice to see sports clubs go under.

Unless it was Leeds [​IMG]

3. drivel

drivel Active Member

[​IMG]

University of Louisville

Interesting Fact: It's the most profitable college basketball program. Also the mascot has teeth.

4. Kslim

Kslim Senior member

I root for the Sharks because I was born and raised in silicon valley and grew up playing hockey. I lived in Baltimore for a few years and became a fan of the Ravens. I go to school at UCD and so I root for the Aggies, kind of..

5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Unless it was Leeds [​IMG]

I can think of 4 teams I would be happy to see disappear, and not one of them is Manchester United.

6. Rangoon

Rangoon Well-Known Member

I don't like United but I do respect them. The one team I'd happily see go into administration is Liverpool. Nothing against the club itself, but I can't stand their support. Absolute scum, murdered innocent Juve fans at Heysel,tarnished our reputation around the world,got us kicked out of Europe,don't accept any responsibility for what happened at Hillsborough....they are utter filth. You'd have thought after their behavior in the past they'd behave themselves but in their last European cup final their fans were grabbing tickets out of children's hands on the way into the stadium,sums them up really; classless scumbags.[​IMG]

I know loads of my Chelsea mates hate Leeds but I'm too young to remember the early 70's rivalry so have no particular disliking of you, in fact I kind of feel sorry for you for having to put up with Ken Bates. [​IMG]

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, while they are defunct now, I was actually named for their player-coach:

[​IMG]

8. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

God, Bucco Bruce was such a faerie

9. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

I don't like United but I do respect them. The one team I'd happily see go into administration is Liverpool. Nothing against the club itself, but I can't stand their support. Absolute scum, murdered innocent Juve fans at Heysel,tarnished our reputation around the world,got us kicked out of Europe,don't accept any responsibility for what happened at Hillsborough....they are utter filth. You'd have thought after their behavior in the past they'd behave themselves but in their last European cup final their fans were grabbing tickets out of children's hands on the way into the stadium,sums them up really; classless scumbags.[​IMG]

I know loads of my Chelsea mates hate Leeds but I'm too young to remember the early 70's rivalry so have no particular disliking of you, in fact I kind of feel sorry for you for having to put up with Ken Bates. [​IMG]

Yeah but to be fair that was Roma's fault for beating them in the final the year before. Plus some of their fans died too so it couldn't have been their fault [​IMG]

A lot of my mates dads who were late teens/early 20s in the 70s and 80s hate Chelsea more than Man Utd. Where's your scoreboard gone? [​IMG]

10. ethinton

ethinton Member

Seattle Sounders FC (MLS) supporter here. As I don't have a local team (the closest MLS team is roughly 1000 miles away), the Sounders were the team that I found myself following for several reasons: I liked that they were the only MLS team with a marching band, the Sound Wave; I also appreciated that the Sounders FC Alliance, a fan organization, actually has a say in certain decisions that affect the club.

Here's their crest:[​IMG]

As far as an interesting fact: Seattle currently has the highest average attendence in MLS at just over 36,000, and has a huge rivalry with their neighbors to the south, Portland.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

the only team i follow with passion is the

[​IMG]

12. horndog

horndog Senior member

13. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

And fuck, it's tough being a fan lately. I can't walk around without being laughed at for losses and ownership scandals, or without being accused of beating up Giants fans.

Thanks fate, you suck balls. Otherwise, they have my full support until mathematical elimination.

14. TourbillonTurk.

TourbillonTurk. Senior member

Chelsea FC

[​IMG]

and...

Galatasaray SK (Istanbul)

[​IMG]

15. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Wests Tigers RLFC. The 2005 Gand Final win to quote my nephew 'this is the best fucking day of my life!'

The Wallabies RFC ( i have dual religious affiliations ) The Brumbies or is it the Canberra Comics. Oh well next year will be another year.