• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sort of tie to match pink striped shirt?

hymo

Reaction score
I would like to know what sort of tie is traditionally matched to such a shirt:

02-01-05_0109.jpg

Looking forward to the responses.

hst

Reaction score
I am thinking a solid red or dark pink tie. Alternatively, it could be a red or dark pink tie with white pin dots.

coltboy75

Reaction score
Navy or black grenadine, depending on the color of your suit.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark brown grenadine?

trogdor

Reaction score
Conservative: Navy pin-dot (goes with everything).

Bold: Something purple-ish.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Other than the obvious choice of navy, I think brown and green would both be very good choices. Pink and green is especially appropriate for spring and summer, although it's a somewhat bold look. Pink and brown always looks good.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

neyus

Reaction score
You could do maybe plain navy tie or a navy and green with pink dots. Black Grenadine or black with white pin dots to man it up a bit. Maybe something with grey in it would also work. Whatever you do, never wear plain white. I doubt you would though.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hymo
I would like to know what sort of tie is traditionally matched to such a shirt: Looking forward to the responses.
what jacket / suit will you be wearing it with? this question can't be answered in isolation.

RJE

Reaction score
For me, pink and blue go together. But the ideas of green or brown are interesting. Start to read WAYWRN from the beginning - a dozen pages a day and you'll catch up in a few months. Ignore the text and just look through the photos and you'll get a feel for what works.

DSC04133s.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads