• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Slim Fit shirts do you buy for bussiness attire?

tommboy

Reaction score
What and where can I get slim fitting dress shirts for work attire? Literally everything they sell at Macys is a tent at the bottom in my neck and arm size (15 1/2). I need to start building a wardrobe of shirts to be worn in my suits (and will be buying suits) and don't know what is going to fit me better? Do I just need to get everything tailored if so how do I go about buying a shirt before it's tailored?

pred02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kulata
http://www.tmlewin.co.uk

Best deals out there

+1

I've bought 4 shirts for 90 pounds on Sale, they had my size for neck (15.5) and sleeve (33), a decent fit, and I could pick among plethora of vibrant collors and styles. At today's exchange rate, it comes out to less than $40 a shirt, which is less than the Boss or whatever other mass produced shirt maker I can find at discount store in a fugly color on sale here.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pred02
+1

I've bought 4 shirts for 90 pounds on Sale, they had my size for neck (15.5) and sleeve (33), a decent fit, and I could pick among plethora of vibrant collors and styles. At today's exchange rate, it comes out to less than $40 a shirt, which is less than the Boss or whatever other mass produced shirt maker I can find at discount store in a fugly color on sale here.

In that vein, I just placed an order at pickashirt.com. You can specify a slim fit shirt along with your measurements for a better fit. The fabric selection is quite small and I won't be surprised if the quality is in the *******
confused.gif
but as long as the fit is there and it lasts for a year or two I'll be happy with a $33 USD shirt (great exchange rate with the AUD right now
teacha.gif
). If I can get my hands on a camera I'll try to post a follow up with the shirt once I receive it.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm the quality at TM Lewin?

sonvolt10

Reaction score
I just received my first order of Lewin shirts. I must say I am very impressed. The shirts are reasonably slim-fitting; the collars appear to structured well and not as hard and stiff as Charles Tyrwhitt shirts and the fabric is impressive. For under $40 a shirt it simply cannot be touched.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
How is the fit on the shoulders? What is the difference between the Windsor / Duke of York lines?

Looks like the collar.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Can someone confirm the quality at TM Lewin?

Been wearing them for 6 years and they definitely do last long. You can get luxury fabric for the price of a poplin when you buy 3 or more. The shirts are well cut especially the slim ones

@Workingstuff. Try their John Francombe line

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm a big fan of the slim fit shirts at Brooks Brothers. IMO, the fit is much slimmer than they used to be just a couple of years ago. If you are truly slim, these will still probably be bigger than what you are looking for. If you just a normally height-to-weight proportioned guy who is looking for a good fit OTR, I think this is a good option. The sleeves are still a little too roomy, but outside of MTM, I think they're the best option. Another plus is that you can go into your BB and actually try them on as opposed to international sites where you'd have to order, hope that they fit, and send them back if they don't.

I was in there on Friday my SA was telling me that in the Luxury Fit shirts (better fabrics, and some shirts come with their Londonder collar) they have added a new Slim-Luxury Fit . I had him order two. When they come in I'll offer up a report on the fit.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I am about to pull a trigger on 5 TM Lewin shirts (slim york).. Total after everything comes out at 106 pounds before shipping - 4 regular priced for 100, plus a clearance one for 19, + volume discount + "rics" coupon code.

5 shirts for around $30 after shipping and no tax? Seems pretty good to me. Hopefully they fit well.

I will report back on the fit and quality once they get in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads