• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What size is my mac?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need help determining the size of my imac monitor. When I bought it I believe the only sizes available were 21" and 24". I measured my screen at 22.5" diagonally and roughly 19.75" across. This is only the part of the screen that's actually useable. Anyone know which model those numbers correlate to?

Is there a serial number somewhere that I can use to look up which model it is? The computer is a little over a year old. It was the first imac with the aluminum casing. Thanks in advance.

tagutcow

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
I need help determining the size of my imac monitor. When I bought it I believe the only sizes available were 21" and 24". I measured my screen at 22.5" diagonally and roughly 19.75" across. This is only the part of the screen that's actually useable. Anyone know which model those numbers correlate to?

Is there a serial number somewhere that I can use to look up which model it is? The computer is a little over a year old. It was the first imac with the aluminum casing. Thanks in advance.

I thought monitor size was measured diagonally? In that case, you'd have a 30" monitor.

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Click on the Apple icon in finder

Click on About This Mac

When that window pops up, click on the version #. I mean click the actual text. It will change to your Build # and then Serial #. Google either one of those or look them up on the Apple support site to be sure.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Click on the Apple icon in finder

Click on About This Mac

When that window pops up, click on the version #. I mean click the actual text. It will change to your Build # and then Serial #. Google either one of those or look them up on the Apple support site to be sure.

Thanks. I did that and found it's a 21.5" model. Strange -- because it doesn't measure 21.5" in any direction.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
make sure you're measuring the actual screen and not just the black part. In other words, measure where the pixels are. Maybe you're measuring the bezel? My apologies if my assumptions are false.

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
Thanks. I did that and found it's a 21.5" model. Strange -- because it doesn't measure 21.5" in any direction.
Happy to help

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.