• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should this guy improve?

dsmolken

Reaction score
Here's something you don't see every day - an "anti-globalism" website encouraging its readers to dress like adults and showing an example using photos of two of the readers.

http://www.corrupt.org/news/dressing...ds_transformed

I'm very much pro-globalization - I love taking well-paying jobs away from rich Westerners - but I know the editor and one of the writers, and this is definitely something I agree with them on. Dressing like an adult and encouraging others to do so is something we can all get behind. So I suggested asking Styleforum for feedback on the guy's attempt at dressing like an adult.

classy2.jpg

So... what should the guy improve? What is he doing right? He doesn't have any more pictures - I already asked - but hopefully can take a few more.

I'll start with an easy one: the shirt is too baggy.

P.S. For a laugh, here's an earlier post of theirs based on an SF thread I forwarded them: http://www.corrupt.org/news/solving_a_despotic_problem

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He should shave and get a haircut. The 60s wants that tie back. Shoes don't look hot. Where's his jacket?

MLIW

Reaction score
A lot of these metaller girls aint to bad looking under the huge amounts of kohl style eyeliner and faux satanist t shirts! god look at the hips! CBH

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its the tie and the hair, I understand not wanting to cut his hair of when he is just "going undercover" as a grown up but he could tame it a bit, slightly shorter and in a pony tale would make him look just badly groomed rather than like a hippy, so that would be an improvement.

The tie is horrible, a rep striped or slightly patterned tie in a plain colour like dark blue, tied properly with his collar done up. A jacket would also help a lot. The shirt being baggy and so on dosn't matter, the guy is trying to fit in, not look sharp, so long as the clothes are a passable fit they will be fine.

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLIW
A lot of these metaller girls aint to bad looking under the huge amounts of kohl style eyeliner and faux satanist t shirts! god look at the hips! CBH

I think many of us will agree that most women look better without their clothing.

freefinancialadvice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eccentric
I think many of us will agree that most women look better without their clothing.

touche- I think that women look better WITH clothing, because the brain superimposes a perfect body behind a perfect figure. When they are naked, you see all of their flaws.

Hence, the strong market behind push up bras, tummy slimmers, and booty enhancing pants.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I forwarded the thread to the admin and he'll do a followup based on the feedback, either in the comments or as a new post.

I thought about putting pictures of the girl in the original post, but then I figured I don't need to, as someone else surely will post them...
Originally Posted by freefinancialadvice
touche- I think that women look better WITH clothing, because the brain superimposes a perfect body behind a perfect figure. When they are naked, you see all of their flaws.
True - but good-looking women do look better without clothing.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The website is pretty interesting, and the advice they are posting is a good idea the era of the smelly beardy protester is coming to an end.
If you want to change the world you have to be able to work within the frameworks and with the established powers, and that means knowing how to fit in with them. I think a lot of the larger nfps started shifting to more professional, business like operations in the 80s, no one except other beard wearing smelly protesters will listen to you if that is what you come across as.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He really needs a hair cut, the whole outfit in my opinion screams freshman high school dance. It looks like he is trying to hard and not doing a very good job at it.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsmolken
I'm very much pro-globalization - I love taking well-paying jobs away from rich Westerners -

Thats fair--the US will keep on being the recipient of the brain-drain.

JaPo

Reaction score
Wow I'm glad they didn't show the 'Before'. Oh wait, he looks better before.

Shirt needs to fit. Tie needs to be cut down a few cm in width. Trousers need some texture and shape so they don't look like drapes. Head needs to be dipped in a vat of corrosive acid.

Bird is pokeworthy, mind.

dsmolken

Reaction score
In the followup post they call SF "secretly horny men". Uh... secretly? If this is secretly horny:

Originally Posted by Eccentric

...then just what do you have to do to be openly horny?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads