• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I wear with this sports coat?

lestyr3

Reaction score
Here's a suggestion: Light blue shirt. Tie with matte texture (wool or a non-shiny silk), and/or most pocket squares (white linen is a missed opportunity here). Trousers in gray or tan. Derbies, monks, chukka boots, or most things in brown.

rharve00

Reaction score
Here's a suggestion: Light blue shirt. Tie with matte texture (wool or a non-shiny silk), and/or most pocket squares (white linen is a missed opportunity here). Trousers in gray or tan. Derbies, monks, chukka boots, or most things in brown.

This was the sort of thing I was considering. Though I rarely am in need of a tie with a sport coat. Would that change the outfit?

lestyr3

Reaction score
The tie can be optional. Try a pocket square instead. Just plop it unobtrusively, and don't get a loud color, but almost any color should work (try something with a pattern with multiple colors - it gives you many options - like something made by Drakes).

rharve00

Reaction score
The tie can be optional. Try a pocket square instead. Just plop it unobtrusively, and don't get a loud color, but almost any color should work (try something with a pattern with multiple colors - it gives you many options - like something made by Drakes).

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look around for a good pocket square. One of the problems I've had matching the jacket is with trousers. It looks good causally with jeans but I fear that tan chinos make the whole outfit a tad beige. I have charcoal wool trousers but it's a tad too formal for what I want.

lestyr3

Reaction score
In cooler weather - which is when this jacket works best anyway - try flannel (light-grey is great, grey with brown specks is best). Or cords. I could see a nice bottle-green corduroy going well with that jacket.

Padgitt_15

Reaction score
Hey guys, you have provided some nice ideas to him. Well, now I am also in a doubt, if I should buy the workout leggings or yoga pants. I just saw the amazing collection of Carbon38 workout leggings and it is way too beautiful. Please share your opinion!

shorts17

Reaction score
I would not recommend a tie. Classic white Oxford shirt, or light blue with some slim fit jeans. Also a sweater, even on maroon or beige color would do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads