• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I wear with my fedora?

queensgambit

Reaction score
I'm wearing a fedora to a dress up Christmas/company party on Friday. Any recommendations on what to wear with it (with picture samples if possible?)

I'm 200 lbs, 6'0, black hair, medium-complexion caucasian and just turned 31. Thanks guys!

jayjay4u

Reaction score
Wear it with a collared slim fit 3/4 sleeve shirt and vest.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely makes more sense, nay is necessary, to settle your suit etc in accordance with the dress code than let a minor and frankly irrelevant item like a hat determine that? You will presumably remove it upon arrival and therefore no one will actually witness the thing apart from a very few arriving at the same moment.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TWO Monocles....

but seriously, i wear a hat almost every day, and NEVER any longer indoors than i have to. Hats should be removed at the door with the topcoat.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bustier, high heels and fishnets.

Zauberer

Reaction score
TWO Monocles....

but seriously, i wear a hat almost every day, and NEVER any longer indoors than i have to. Hats should be removed at the door with the topcoat.
Nah, even the stuffiest "rules" found in dusty old tomes of etiquette hell have it that you can wear a hat in the common areas of a building. If I'm wearing a hat and/or coat, I'm wearing them all the way till I'm ready to start working. The German word 'to wear' is "tragen." It's also their word for 'carry' which is wise. I'm not carrying anything I can reasonably wear.
Have you ever considered ninjas may attack while you've got your arms loaded? I have, my friend. Yes, I have.....
wink.gif

Schadenfreude

Reaction score
There's always that one guy wearing a hat indoors at a party...Don't be that guy.

mcbrown

Reaction score

I'm wearing a fedora to a dress up Christmas/company party on Friday. Any recommendations on what to wear with it (with picture samples if possible?)

I'm 200 lbs, 6'0, black hair, medium-complexion caucasian and just turned 31. Thanks guys!

Insufficient information. We also need your eye color, favorite hobbies, and penis length/girth (both erect and flaccid, please).

Zauberer

Reaction score
There's always that one guy wearing a hat indoors at a party...Don't be that guy.
Does that include the clown????

Seriously though if a hat matters all that much, it's not a party. You're simply going to have to call it something else. How about this instead:

"There's always that one guy wearing a hat at a stuffy gathering of uptight goobers who couldn't unwind the knot their asses with a crowbar. ..leave immediately and go find a party."

That'll do it. :)

OinkBoink

Reaction score
Does that include the clown????

Seriously though if a hat matters all that much, it's not a party. You're simply going to have to call it something else. How about this instead:

"There's always that one guy wearing a hat at a stuffy gathering of uptight goobers who couldn't unwind the knot their asses with a crowbar. ..leave immediately and go find a party."

That'll do it. :)

As "that guy", the chicks will assume that you're balding, Just sayin'.

Zauberer

Reaction score
As "that guy", the chicks will assume that you're balding, Just sayin'.
I really don't think so, Oink. Who cares if chicks think you're balding? Should guys who actually are balding stay home, cut their balls off and give up? No. Any woman you would actually care to be with has a hundred things they look for in a guy before follicles make the checklist. Do you see attractive girls with bald guys? Yes. All the time, right? It's not about money either. Girls pick up on insecurity even if they don't know the cause behind it. It's a bald guy's insecurity which will strike him out, not the baldness. If you're comfortable in your own skin, whether it's in a hat or if you have extra skin on the head, girls will respond to you enthusiastically.

.....until they find the other **** that's wrong with you.
colgate.gif

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waiting for Tibor to chime in...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads