1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What should I wear with my fedora?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by queensgambit, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

+1 You are absolutely correct.

2. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Correct etiquette including the formal authority Emily Post (both Pre-World War 2 , and Post War 2 books/manuals, stated that hats should be worn in common areas of a building and supposed to be kept on in commercial establishments. Also at Cafes, Bars, and Saloons a hat is appropriate to wear inside. One may Also wear a hat inside if he is seated at the bar section of a restaurant. If he is to be seated at a table the gentleman has the option to take it off when he enters the restaurant or at his table right before he sits down(Or right before he waits for his company to be seated).

3. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

I think the most important question is do you have a more oval(longer) or more round face? If you have high cheek bones and/or a more oval face I would wear a medium brim of 2 1/2 to a wide brim of 2 3/4 inches, with a deeper pinch and a high untapered teardrop crown (reverse taper" is optional). If you have a rounder face I would recommend a brim from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 and either a lower crown with either a teardrop, center-crease, or diamond crown with a medium pinch, or a high untapered or very slightly tapered center-crease crown with a shallow rounded pinch.