1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What should I wear with my fedora?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by queensgambit, Dec 11, 2012.

1. queensgambit

queensgambit Member

I'm wearing a fedora to a dress up Christmas/company party on Friday. Any recommendations on what to wear with it (with picture samples if possible?)

I'm 200 lbs, 6'0, black hair, medium-complexion caucasian and just turned 31. Thanks guys!

2. jayjay4u

jayjay4u New Member

Wear it with a collared slim fit 3/4 sleeve shirt and vest.

3. codeman92190

codeman92190 Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Surely makes more sense, nay is necessary, to settle your suit etc in accordance with the dress code than let a minor and frankly irrelevant item like a hat determine that? You will presumably remove it upon arrival and therefore no one will actually witness the thing apart from a very few arriving at the same moment.

5. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

Isn't it a bit rude to wear a hat indoors?

1 person likes this.
  6. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

7. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

TWO Monocles....

but seriously, i wear a hat almost every day, and NEVER any longer indoors than i have to. Hats should be removed at the door with the topcoat.

2 people like this.
  8. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

bustier, high heels and fishnets.

9. Zauberer

Zauberer Member

Nah, even the stuffiest "rules" found in dusty old tomes of etiquette hell have it that you can wear a hat in the common areas of a building. If I'm wearing a hat and/or coat, I'm wearing them all the way till I'm ready to start working. The German word 'to wear' is "tragen." It's also their word for 'carry' which is wise. I'm not carrying anything I can reasonably wear.
    Have you ever considered ninjas may attack while you've got your arms loaded? I have, my friend. Yes, I have.....[​IMG]

10. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Member

There's always that one guy wearing a hat indoors at a party...Don't be that guy.

11. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Insufficient information. We also need your eye color, favorite hobbies, and penis length/girth (both erect and flaccid, please).

1 person likes this.
  12. Zauberer

Zauberer Member

Does that include the clown????

Seriously though if a hat matters all that much, it's not a party. You're simply going to have to call it something else. How about this instead:

"There's always that one guy wearing a hat at a stuffy gathering of uptight goobers who couldn't unwind the knot their asses with a crowbar. ..leave immediately and go find a party."

That'll do it. :)

13. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

As "that guy", the chicks will assume that you're balding, Just sayin'.

14. Zauberer

Zauberer Member

I really don't think so, Oink. Who cares if chicks think you're balding? Should guys who actually are balding stay home, cut their balls off and give up? No. Any woman you would actually care to be with has a hundred things they look for in a guy before follicles make the checklist. Do you see attractive girls with bald guys? Yes. All the time, right? It's not about money either. Girls pick up on insecurity even if they don't know the cause behind it. It's a bald guy's insecurity which will strike him out, not the baldness. If you're comfortable in your own skin, whether it's in a hat or if you have extra skin on the head, girls will respond to you enthusiastically.

.....until they find the other shit that's wrong with you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  15. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

16. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

Yes, I do see attractive girls with very wealthy bald guys from time to time.

17. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Show me a guy who thinks his height/weight/hair/nose/etc. is a "problem" with work/ladies/etc., and I'll show you a guy whose real problem is lack of confidence.

We have gotten off topic. The OP still needs to give us details on his penis.

18. iroh

iroh Senior member

You asked for it:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  19. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

What if his "problem" is a small penis?

20. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

A small penis is only a problem for the sexually unimaginative.