• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What should I get from Italy? (crossposted on the other SF)

truestorytravis

Reaction score
My parents are going to Italy for a couple of weeks and I want them to bring me something nice. I don't want to impose on them, so I'll limit the item cost to around $100US. Are there any uniquely Italian items that you can suggest or something they do better than anyone else? Non-clothing items are valid options.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by truestorytravis
Are there any uniquely Italian items that you can suggest or something they do better than anyone else? Non-clothing items are valid options.

Though I doubt $100 will cut it, I would pick this very unique, non-clothed Italian: http://www.federicafontana.it/home.html

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Put that $100 towards a plane ticket for the trip you're going to take out there instead.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great chess boards with stone or metal figures. Sold at open markets (Florence).

Tibo

Reaction score
Get a couple of ties or a shirt and a tie from Boggi
or a tie from Marinella
or Federica's used thong you'll be able to buy for 100 USD

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they're in Florence, they can pick up about 4 self-tipped, keepered ties from Ateseta for 20 euros each. they're terrific value imho.

summej2

Reaction score
Go out to a one or more of the Michelin Red Guide "Bib" rated restaurants. You won't have something to bring back, but that's where I'd put my $100.

Of course, you could do as one colleague of mine does and bring back the bill to use when describing the meals he ate to a drooling audience...not a tactic I recommend.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 133 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 250 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 120 15.6%
  • 31 - 40