• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I do with this suit I just won?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Italian Suit" Wear it as a suit, resell it on Ebay, wear it as a sportcoat, or burn it.
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
That suit screams "first meeting with new client" to me. Loudly, right in my ear.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a good thing or a bad thing.
smile.gif
And I assume you are joking.
smile.gif
Not a bad deal though, heh? Nice advertising job by the seller.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Yes, joke. Though that wouldn't stop me from wearing it to work, but I would keep it in the closet for the "important" days. Great deal.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lack the courage to wear it for work.

alchimiste

Reaction score
That suit screams "first meeting with new client" to me. Loudly, right in my ear.
Oh boy. Manton hears voices. What do they say? "Do not wear black before 6"?
I guess you'll have to switch from Machiavelli to Jeanne d'Arc...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Wouldn't an Italian 50 be closer to an American 40 or 41?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Oh boy. Manton hears voices. ... I guess you'll have to switch from Machiavelli to Jeanne d'Arc...
No, Nick still speaks to me, nearly every day. So long as I don't do what he says, it's not a problem.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, a title with neither Isaia nor the size in it. Great deal.
thumbs-up.gif

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn.... I love that pattern. Personally, I'd burn the coat, but keep the trousers. Have a tailor take out the pleats and recut them slimmer.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn.... I love that pattern. Personally, I'd burn the coat, but keep the trousers. Have a tailor take out the pleats and recut them slimmer.
I heart pleats.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Mike C. @ April 15 2005,15:33) Damn.... I love that pattern. Personally, I'd burn the coat, but keep the trousers. Have a tailor take out the pleats and recut them slimmer.
I heart pleats.
Ugggghhh... why? They aren't flattering to anyone. I'm having the pants on two of my RL suits recut to take out the pleats.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the suit...if broken into separates. Cool pattern. I think the jacket would look infinitely closer to acceptable business attire if paired with tan or camel flannel trousers. Conversely, depending on the color of the gray/brown windowpane, a camel sportcoat with the pants would make for a great casual outfit for the Fall.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it works fine as a Friday through Sunday suit. Wouldn't wear it on Monday through Thursday, unless it was a holiday. Maybe with a solid shirt and solid cashmere tie?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads