• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I do about my smoking neighbor?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I smoke and I can't imagine smoking inside the house and have that smell stick in the curtains, couch, linen, etc... ugh.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I smoke a cigarette or two (and my pipe) in my apartment a week. No lingering smell - just keep some windows open and the fan on.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If he is smoking Marlboros then please send him a thank you letter on my behalf.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Have your neighbour look into one of these E-Cigarettes, and fast!
I am using the EGO-C model by Ovale and it WORKS.
The nicotine juices are as sweet as nectar and NO SMOKE. Only vapour, leaving no after traces.
A most satisfying way to enjoy nicotine. I strongly recommend any smoker switching to an E-Cigarette, cigar or pipe.
Since I started using mine I have not had even one regular cigarette or even craved one and I used to smoke a pack a day.
Believe me brothers, this works.
http://www.ovaleusa.com/

You can smoke your brains out with an E-Cig and bother no one. It is called 'Vaping' (Vapouring).
:) Bliss.

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not the walls or floor or ceiling, it's the HVAC system, if anything. Sheesh--a sheet of plastic has no insulation, but is an impermeable barrier to smoke.

This said, some folks are more sensitive than others, while some folks are just dicks when it comes to smoking. The security guard at a company I once worked for used to smoke at the entrance to the employee parking lot, where folks had to roll down their windows to activate a gate with an electronic key card. A few whiny ass bitches complained about smoke billowing into their cars when they rolled down their windows for all of five seconds to get into the parking lot, and the guard was a good ten feet away. That's unreasonable.

Hard to say what category the OP is in, but a lack of insulation can't be the cause of any problem.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Have your neighbour look into one of these E-Cigarettes, and fast!
I am using the EGO-C model by Ovale and it WORKS.
The nicotine juices are as sweet as nectar and NO SMOKE. Only vapour, leaving no after traces.
A most satisfying way to enjoy nicotine. I strongly recommend any smoker switching to an E-Cigarette, cigar or pipe.
Since I started using mine I have not had even one regular cigarette or even craved one and I used to smoke a pack a day.
Believe me brothers, this works.
http://www.ovaleusa.com/
You can smoke your brains out with an E-Cig and bother no one. It is called 'Vaping' (Vapouring).
:) Bliss.

This...

Having vaped for over a year now, I switched to using the Reo Grand mod (uses 510 attys). It really works great. Thinking about getting a VV mod and/or a Reo Mini since it's a bit big. I was using the eGo-T before, previous version of the model you posted MoL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads