• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should a man have in his wallet?

jakeyt

Reaction score
What is something men should have in their wallets? I got a new credit card holder and intend to use that for my wallet. I don't like big wallets with tons of stuff in there. So I was thinking, ID, credit card, (2nd credit card or debit card?) and either cash or my insurance cards. It has only 4 slots but don't need everything with me... well, so I think...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ID Slot
Office ID
Drivers License
Grad School ID

CC Slot One:
Insurance Card
DC Subway Card

CC Slot Two
Credit Card
Bank Card

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a **** load of cards, Joffrey. I don't need my cc on me when I go out the door, I mean yeah maybe some kidnappers with a handy Visa swipe terminal might kidnap me and hold me til I give them $30,000, but I'll risk that. I really only need some cash and my ID (I keep it in a plastic sleeve with my matching health insurance card on the back)....

That said, I carry everything, I have a wallet that is 2.5" thick. It's receipts, cash, there's coins in the coin pocket, about 15 different cards, about 30 business cards, it's a mess. I am seriously getting back pains. :fu:

Need new wallet and lifestyle.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a reason why people disable embedding youtube videos they upload? I've never uploaded there so I'm dumbfounded as to why someone would make it more difficult to view their videos

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
little bit of cash, 2 credit cards, an atm card, drivers license.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a **** load of cards, Joffrey. I don't need my cc on me when I go out the door, I mean yeah maybe some kidnappers with a handy Visa swipe terminal might kidnap me and hold me til I give them $30,000, but I'll risk that. I really only need some cash and my ID (I keep it in a plastic sleeve with my matching health insurance card on the back)....
That said, I carry everything, I have a wallet that is 2.5" thick. It's receipts, cash, there's coins in the coin pocket, about 15 different cards, about 30 business cards, it's a mess. I am seriously getting back pains. :fu:
Need new wallet and lifestyle.

I have a passcase wallet that I pulled the passcase out of, to use that pocket as a coin pouch (eliminates the flap, and it's deep enough the coins stay in). 9 plastic cards of assorted kinds in 4 slots, plus a few business cards. Cash, usually $60ish. Small Swiss army knife in the fold, band-aids, passport card, condom, voter registration card, emergency check.

It comes in at under an inch thick. A little more if there are a bunch of coins, but I clear out anything less than quarters at the end of the day.

I'm not a minimalist, but you're doing something seriously wrong.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, the longish short of it is/was that I live in a cash-only/business-card heavy culture man. In America I'd probably have a 1/2" thick cardholder or something, and $60 on me too.
Basically in Asia though, I pay for everything in cash; if I give them a big bill, I'll end up with more bills, coins and a paper receipt to go back in there. Meet people, get business card. Buy coffee, get plastic membership card. Go to dinner, get huge envelope-wrapped receipt and at the end of a big meal I can't be bothered to fiddle with it, so I'll stuff that in there. Go to clinic, get plastic membership card. I have a US driver's license, an alien registration/visa for Korea I have to carry, an alien registration/visa for Japan that I have to carry, and then I actually only have one bank card and one cc. Even just a week of that though, and neglecting to maintenance my wallet = 3" wallet.

Biguntx

Reaction score
ID
2 CC's
Insurance card
Bank card (debt card)
Cash

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bank card
corp amex
personal amex
drivers license
metro card(subway)
health insurance card

i carry cash in a money clip.

I also keep a few biz cards in my wallet.

jakeyt

Reaction score
What is more important? A second credit card or a bank card?

Also, cash or insurance card?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is more important? A second credit card or a bank card?
Also, cash or insurance card?

bank card imo. for debit and cash.
get a money clip for cash..

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 debit cards, a CC, drivers license, insurance and pga membership card.

No cash and looking to dump 1 debit card.. I like my wallet as slim as possible, same reason I'm allways looking to slim down the keychain..

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CC, DC, license, social security card, business cards.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CC, DC, license, [COLOR=FF00AA]social security card[/COLOR], business cards.

u live in the US?? if so...why on earth would you carry your social security card?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads