• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What shoes with shorts?

WatchGuy

Reaction score
What do you guys wear with shorts? Classic sneakers is probably an obvious choice, but I am trying to find something a little more dressed up to wear with button-down shirts.

I try to get myself to like Sperry's and/or casual penny loafers, but I can't quite get there. Maybe I just need to try it out for awhile to get used to it, but I'm not looking for the sailor look. Something more rugged. Not looking for flip-flops/sandals either.

Any recommendations?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clarks Desert Boots.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Clarks Desert Trek is nice too. I think that its low-top design goes great with shorts:

clkdeserttrk_bee2big.jpg

And it's a lot harder to pull off, but you could give the basic white Repetto's a try:
repetto.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Shorts and dressed up?

Mocs, drivers, loafers, mules, thongs, summer lace ups all work

finch

Reaction score
I usually do a classic pair of kicks; Stan Smith, low cut Chuck's or plain white lace up Vans.

bsyde82

Reaction score
planning to wear my painted chuck hi tops, not too tightly laced, but not hip hop loose either

that and some quoddy boat shoes

or some canvas white sneaks when im lazy

depending on the outfit

Deluks917

Reaction score
I like some sneakers in subdued colors alot with shorts too. (Vintage Rob Lavers, etc.)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd go with the plain white Vans Authentic.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends entirely on the shorts and the occasion. I wear loafers, sperry's, driving shoes, mocs, etc. With the exception of flip flops; only when I'm in the beach.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White Leather Purcells for me.
And some boat shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads