• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What shoes with oatmeal/neutral linen blend suit?

polyfusion

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could do with some tips here. I’ve recently bought a MTM neutral linen blend suit- has a little cream in the colour, a little oatmeal.
I don’t own a pair of shoes that work with it and really struggling.
Most colours “go” I suppose, but I want to look elegant and considered.. I’ll be wearing it to a wedding for the first occasion, so definitely want a bit of formality.
Normally my favourite shoe brands are ones like C&J, trickers, Edward Green for something special, Alden and Grensen.
I’ve never bought loafers before but am considering for the first time but open to suggestion.

Would love any thoughts or image ideas on style and colour.

Thankyou in advance.

circumspice

Reaction score
If you want to skew it formal, brown oxfords. If you want to skew it less so, brown suede loafers.

Nearly any hue of brown works, but avoiding reddish tones or very dark brown might be best (extremely dark brown oxfords would likely be too conservative for such a suit)

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.