• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what shoe is this, and what are the alternatives?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first what is the name of this shoe and who makes it, I like the it and would like to buy it

however just to know my options, what alternatives are available? I would like to know the name of the style, brand, price, and pictures if you have them.

tumblrlklc591xx51qj30hz.jpg

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ WHS.

Tom Ford offers a very similar model / last which you can sometimes pick up on the bay:

churchill.jpg

tumblr_lsss18ZuLt1r44nqso4_1280.jpg

tumblr_lsss18ZuLt1r44nqso7_1280.jpg

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thx. i see bespoke england has the shoe for less, and even less after vat deduction. any particular reason why i should choose the armoury over bespoke england. also, do you know what is the lowest price for this shoe is? yes i am bargain hunting for G&G shoes.

^^ WHS.
Tom Ford offers a very similar model / last which you can sometimes pick up on the bay:
churchill.jpg

tumblr_lsss18ZuLt1r44nqso4_1280.jpg

tumblr_lsss18ZuLt1r44nqso7_1280.jpg

what is this style of shoe called? so i would know what to enter in the search box.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they are called adelaide or something.

C&J makes one called Westbourne. AS also makes one in their exclusive range and it is available in 3 colors at afinepairofshoes

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd call this a punch cap adelaide.

The version from the Armory has an additional hand applied polish finish and includes a lasted shoe tree. You can get the lasted tree from Bespoke but not the hand applied polish finish. When camparing prices you might want to consider the whole package, including trees and delivered. I honostly haven't compared, so I don't which is the better price.

You aren't going to find G&G shoes for any discount. Edwards of Manchester had some at slightly reduced prices a month or so ago. But they have raised them up to the same price as at Bespoke England and they don't even offer lasted trees.

If you wants 'em you gotta pays for 'em. Them's the breaks.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, Adelaide with punch cap toe. Carmina make a nice Adelaide without the cap in a similar color. Available at the Armoury or in my signature if you're a size 9. (spam).

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

thx. i see bespoke england has the shoe for less, and even less after vat deduction. any particular reason why i should choose the armoury over bespoke england. also, do you know what is the lowest price for this shoe is? yes i am bargain hunting for G&G shoes.
what is this style of shoe called? so i would know what to enter in the search box.

Only because I have purchased from the Armoury, not BE, and I love the guys at the Armoury. Not that I don't like BE, I just never worked with them.

kasakka

Reaction score
Anything similar (but with a less elongated and chiseled last) at a more reasonable price? I know Cheaney makes one in black...

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anything similar (but with a less elongated and chiseled last) at a more reasonable price? I know Cheaney makes one in black...

Take a look at the Loake Strand, or Tricker's Belgrave.

Last edited:

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whatever you get
make sure it fits better
than the one in the original
photo

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes to SHAPE there is no other exactly like the G&G. At least not to my knowledge.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads