• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What shirt+Pants can I combine this with ?

Rinse

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a suit coat and a vest, but I couldn't combine them with anything available in my wardrobe, other than a pair of light blue jeans( I would like a more official look). It looks like I would have to buy new matching items. I am kindly asking if anyone with a proper expertise can help me combine for a stylish color combination for Pants, Shirt, Shoes, Bandanna, etc.. Thank you in advance.
PS: I'm a pale-white skinned with light-brown hair.

IMG_20180421_114849.jpg IMG_20180421_114857.jpg IMG_20180421_114907.jpg IMG_20180421_114926.jpg

Last edited:

paxonus

Reaction score
Unfortunately, as you say, you bought a suit coat and vest. A suit coat is designed to be worn with matching pants. You won't get any use from the vest. You might see how the jacket matches with gray pants.

Rinse

Reaction score
Well I love the pattern and the overall look of the coat so I bought it. Any suggestions as to what knot or bandanna to use? :)

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I’d wear the sport coat in the evenings with extremely dark trousers and black shoes.

What do you want to do with the bandana?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads