• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what shirt and tie to wear?

Nellie141269

Reaction score
I have a three piece herringbone suit just purchased for my sons 18th birthday party. The suit has a burgundy pin stripe check running through the trousers. Jacket and waistcoat. What colour shirt and tie would you guys recommend. The waistcoat back is burgundy with a small star polkerdot effect? Looks nicer than it sounds
263a.png

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White shirt with a dark blue grenadine tie?

Last edited:

Nellie141269

Reaction score

I was thinking of this tie....so what shirt colour? Double or single cuff. Thx

Last edited:

Nellie141269

Reaction score
Ok thanks. In your opinion if I were to get a slightly woven textured shirt in sky blue rather than a plain school type. What would you give the overall look out of 10. Going with dark brown brown shoes wirh tapered front.

Last edited:

Nellie141269

Reaction score
Yes this shirt fabric is very similar in texture. Its from NEXT in GB and is in the italian range at 40 gbp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads