• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What restaurant groups or chains represent quality to you?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I cannot believe the Waffle House recommendations. The only Waffle House I've ever been to compared unfavorably with most truck stops.

Those who love America like Waffle House. Those who hate America dislike Waffle House.

MHH89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Those who love America like Waffle House. Those who hate America dislike Waffle House.

I like how everyone working in the restaurant needs to stop whatever they are doing and say hello as soon as a new customer enters the restaurant.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much every one of the chain steakhouses mentioned is terrible. Ruth's Chris is ok but really, how hard is it to cook a decent steak? I ordered a rare ribeye at J Alexander's the other night, came out well-done the first time, then medium rare the second time (I just stopped there), it was a terrible cut of meat both times and it was drenched in some awful sugary marinade (my fault for not reading the menu closely). I'm pretty sure I could cook a better steak over a burning tire and a piece of sheet metal.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Waffle House in my neighborhood is a terrific value breakfast. It really depends on the franchisee. We have a great breakfast chain here called J. Christophers.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Waffle House in my neighborhood is a terrific value breakfast. It really depends on the franchisee. We have a great breakfast chain here called J. Christophers.

Speaking of breakfast chains...whatever happened to Sambos?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with Waffle house?

As far as I know most of the breakfast stuff is pretty fresh. No, it's probably not organic free range... But at least its not nuked like Applebees

Jeremy S

Reaction score
For me, I think Ruth's Chris and J. Alexanders are both near perfect. Also, places like 5 Guys that aren't quite as mainstream as wendy's or mcdonalds yet and still use fresh, quality ingredients. My personal favorites are local places (ones tourists would refer to as dives) that have been around forever and still make great food.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Texas de Brazil is my hedonistic pleasure. Meat, meat, meat, more meat. And a damn fine 'salad bar' with fine prosciutto and cheeses and seared tuna...

Pappas Restaurants (Pappadeaux, Pappasitos, etc.) are usually a bit overpriced but the quality is relatively high and service is held to a high standard.

Rockfish - affordable seafood in N. TX (fish+two sides for $11-13 without a drink); not out of this world but solid enough given the location and price

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This.

Also concentrics restaurants. Not really what you're looking for....

Jimmy John's, Rising Roll and Jersey Mike's are all good sandwiches.

Spoken like a true ATlien. Yuk.

untilted

Reaction score
for regional chain, Clyde's serves dc area pretty well.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Speaking of breakfast chains...whatever happened to Sambos?

I'm pretty sure the name didn't help much
smile.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The terrorists have won!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads