• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What quality brands for Bathroom/Shower Fittings

Star

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for high quality bathroom fittings. More precisely I am after a shower head and taps. Maybe something German, Italian or Scandanavian quality if it exists. If can be bought online even better.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
vola

http://vola.com/Default.aspx?id=4&lang=Gb

I've been on the market for bathroom fittings recently and I came to the conclusion that there wasn't anything out there that I could find that could beat the simplicity and style of Vola for my taste.

Others worth checking out:

Alessi (il bagno alessi) makes som interesting fittings,

Dornbracht, modern in the high end boutique hotel sense of the word.

Groehe, as mentioned before, is probably your best bet for more normal, good quality middle of the road style stuff. The shower heads are excellent as from what I have gathered from several high end hotels.

Can also recommend Duravit for some nice porcelain.

Star

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I recently bought a place with a very dated bathroom and en-suite. Although I am renting it out at the moment I am looking to upgrade bathrooms in next 12-18months with a view to moving in myself. Now is a good time to do my research. Vola looks goods and Groehe I am trying to find out where it is made.

Additional Question: What is the thinking here between a single shower water mixer and a double? Other than personal preferences are there any other pros and cons

Maybe I should rename this the bathroom thread?

Bartolo

Reaction score
The Groehe shower controlers that I've used in Europe allow you to 'set' the water temperature. I have no idea how it works but it's very cool. I'm guessing that it works by having you set a specified temperature at the hot water heater; otherwise I have no idea how that valve could know the actual temp of the water.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Antonio Lupi makes some nice stuff as well.

Stylepark is a good place to look, they have a large database of everything from sofas to toilets.
smile.gif

AgentQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by april_luv
Besides the exquisite, sparkling ceramic cover, designer water dispensers and suitable bathroom furniture, the matching bathroom accessories plays an important role to add glamour and beauty to your toiletry facility. The bathroom is uncompleted without the installment of basic accessories. The modern sanitary market offers a wide array of various types of exclusive and affordable bathroom accessories to suit your requirement, taste and budget.

I await the
spam[1].gif
laugh.gif

+1 to Vola. Our kitchen fixtures have held up quite well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads