• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What places do you have absolutely no desire to visit?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strong interest in remote places you guys seem to want to avoid... Ascension Island, Patagonia, the interior of Asia...

No interest in visiting anywhere within the bounds of imaginary lines between ND, OK, PA and western SC. No real interest in going back to Vegas. No interest in anywhere between Mexico and Panama.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
The Middle East.
'got no idea what you'll be missing.

i love to travel. it gave me latitude and broader perspective. as for places i'd rather not go, i think i'll shun away from places where there's great oppression and total disregard for the value of human lives__ N. Korea, parts of Africa [eg, Sudan, Somalia, ], Iraq, Iran, the gulag [*or equivalent], etc

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
the cradle of civilization?

Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
'got no idea what you'll be missing.

Most of us can only afford (in the many senses of the word) to visit a few places in the world. I would go see Italy and Papua New Guinea and South Africa, among hundreds of other places, before I would visit the Middle East.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not want to go to Russia, as there is a high incidence of violent racism there. I heard that blacks and Asians are likely to get attacked in the streets.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Australia, where everything alive can kill you.
Ireland

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Ireland
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to think about this one pretty hard. . .

I've not been to Detroit, and I'm not real interested in visiting there at this point. Maybe they can change that in the future.

Also, I've been to Georgia, didn't find it all that great, so I wouldn't visit for pleasure. Same with Ohio.

Otherwise, I can't think of any places that I'd truly never want to see.

Now, when you limit this to the realm of likelihood and priorities, things change dramatically. If I was a trust fund kid or lottery winner, I'd pretty much be a nomad, seeing as much of the world as I could.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't want to go somewhere where there are no hot chicks, cigarettes, or some type of bacon. Luckily I've never heard of such a place.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Slim are you going to Tokyo this year?

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Most Canadian places like ****** PEI, Nova Scotia, Labrador (I am Canadian) and in the US, Oregon and Utah. In fact i'd rather never go back to middle America either. Anywhere else and I am game.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so many people have mentioned mexico. besides the historical value of the pyramids, do you realize that mexico city is the second largest city in the world (tokyo #1), and if you've never have been to the second largest city in the world, you cannot say you are well traveled, especially if you live in the country next door.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys are so boring and have no sense of adventure.

The only places I am not interested in visiting are a few "whatever" type places in the US - Kansas, Ohio, etc. - but every country has those.

Other than that I wanna go everywhere. The more I travel the more I love it - and I've been to some of the places already mentioned as hellholes and enjoyed them immensely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads