1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What places do you have absolutely no desire to visit?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GQgeek, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Kanada----(go there as the Company requires only)
    Any predominately Rag Head Country
    The really liberal "whack job" parts of this country like some of the Northeast and the Land Of Fruits And Nuts out West..

Why spend my money to help people or causes I detest.... Try and spend my money to correlate with my political and personal views when at all possible.[​IMG]

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

Kanada----(go there as the Company requires only)
    Any predominately Rag Head Country
    The really liberal "whack job" parts of this country like some of the Northeast and the Land Of Fruits And Nuts out West..

Why spend my money to help people or causes I detest.... Try and spend my money to correlate with my political and personal views when at all possible.[​IMG]

???

3. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Well-Known Member

The Middle East.

4. matadorpoeta

I have the desire to visit every single country of this world. For me there are three things that matter in an accomplished man's life: love, work and travelling. The world is yours to discover.

+1

though of course there are places that i would put at the bottom of my "to see" list. like piobaire, i'm not one for roughing it.

5. matadorpoeta

The Middle East.

the cradle of civilization?

6. kert

kert Well-Known Member

Conus:

Upstate NY
    Midwest
    Northern Louisiana
    Idaho
    West VA
    Jacksonville
    Toledo

OConus:

Iraq
    Iran
    N Korea
    Azebaijan
    Indonesia
    Africa (Sudan, Congo, Nigeria)
    Antartica

7. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

Strong interest in remote places you guys seem to want to avoid... Ascension Island, Patagonia, the interior of Asia...

No interest in visiting anywhere within the bounds of imaginary lines between ND, OK, PA and western SC. No real interest in going back to Vegas. No interest in anywhere between Mexico and Panama.

8. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

The Middle East.
    'got no idea what you'll be missing.

i love to travel. it gave me latitude and broader perspective. as for places i'd rather not go, i think i'll shun away from places where there's great oppression and total disregard for the value of human lives__ N. Korea, parts of Africa [eg, Sudan, Somalia, ], Iraq, Iran, the gulag [*or equivalent], etc

9. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Well-Known Member

the cradle of civilization?

'got no idea what you'll be missing.

Most of us can only afford (in the many senses of the word) to visit a few places in the world. I would go see Italy and Papua New Guinea and South Africa, among hundreds of other places, before I would visit the Middle East.

10. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

I do not want to go to Russia, as there is a high incidence of violent racism there. I heard that blacks and Asians are likely to get attacked in the streets.

11. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Most of New Jersey.

12. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Australia, where everything alive can kill you.
    Ireland

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Well-Known Member

14. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Ireland
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Milhouse

Milhouse Well-Known Member

I had to think about this one pretty hard. . .

I've not been to Detroit, and I'm not real interested in visiting there at this point. Maybe they can change that in the future.

Also, I've been to Georgia, didn't find it all that great, so I wouldn't visit for pleasure. Same with Ohio.

Otherwise, I can't think of any places that I'd truly never want to see.

Now, when you limit this to the realm of likelihood and priorities, things change dramatically. If I was a trust fund kid or lottery winner, I'd pretty much be a nomad, seeing as much of the world as I could.

16. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I don't want to go somewhere where there are no hot chicks, cigarettes, or some type of bacon. Luckily I've never heard of such a place.

17. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Hey Slim are you going to Tokyo this year?

18. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Well-Known Member

Most Canadian places like shitty PEI, Nova Scotia, Labrador (I am Canadian) and in the US, Oregon and Utah. In fact i'd rather never go back to middle America either. Anywhere else and I am game.

19. matadorpoeta

so many people have mentioned mexico. besides the historical value of the pyramids, do you realize that mexico city is the second largest city in the world (tokyo #1), and if you've never have been to the second largest city in the world, you cannot say you are well traveled, especially if you live in the country next door.

20. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

Some of you guys are so boring and have no sense of adventure.

The only places I am not interested in visiting are a few "whatever" type places in the US - Kansas, Ohio, etc. - but every country has those.

Other than that I wanna go everywhere. The more I travel the more I love it - and I've been to some of the places already mentioned as hellholes and enjoyed them immensely.