1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What places do you have absolutely no desire to visit?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GQgeek, Jul 4, 2009.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

LK must have been detained by the special agent of the govt [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/quote]

The color of LK's shirt is horrible, but more importantly, who's the girl? His sister? I thought that by his own admission he was asexual.

2. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

republican convention
    democrat convention

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

anywhere there isn't a thriving traditional skinhead or rockabilly music scene

4. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Detroit

Akron, Oh.

Abilene, Tx.

5. duchessofmalfi

duchessofmalfi Well-Known Member

what's with the china hate? has eason scared everyone with stories of toddlers in crotchless one-pieces?

6. Hany

Hany Senior member

I have the desire to visit every single country of this world. For me there are three things that matter in an accomplished man's life: love, work and travelling. The world is yours to discover.

Australia
    Why? I've been more or less everywhere in the world and Australia has been one of my favorite place.

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

Portugal is fantastic.

+1 beautiful beaches, rich history, much cheaper than it's tourist filled neighbor....plus my family is there[​IMG]

8. B2C2V

B2C2V Senior member

who's the girl?
    Per
    Qu Ying - she's nearly forty but still a beauty. I have her cell number.

9. B2C2V

B2C2V Senior member

what's with the china hate? has eason scared everyone with stories of toddlers in crotchless one-pieces?

Not me. China is a fun place to be. I would visit every single country of this world if I can and make my judgment then.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Canada
    Canada
    Canada

Good choice there on your part Conne. Many a young Yank, just like you, has ended up battered and broken after drinking too much on a cross border trip, and shooting off their mouths.

I have no desire to visit places in general, that are below a certain level of civilization. If there's no running water, electricity, or AC in hot areas, I have very little desire to go there. Has anyone seen Ewan MacGregor and Charlie Boreman in "Long Way Round"? That's pretty much my idea of hell, where they're crossing the endless wastes of the former USSR and China.

Other than that, I think most everywhere has something interesting.

What's with the Vegas bashing, btw? I had a great time, on my inaugural trip last year. It is what it is, but there's something for everyone IMO.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

+1 beautiful beaches, rich history, much cheaper than it's tourist filled neighbor....plus my family is there[​IMG]

You're Portagee! That explains so much. [​IMG]

12. oneeightyseven

Good choice there on your part Conne. Many a young Yank, just like you, has ended up battered and broken after drinking too much on a cross border trip, and shooting off their mouths.

I have no desire to visit places in general, that are below a certain level of civilization. If there's no running water, electricity, or AC in hot areas, I have very little desire to go there. Has anyone seen Ewan MacGregor and Charlie Boreman in "Long Way Round"? That's pretty much my idea of hell, where they're crossing the endless wastes of the former USSR and China.

What's with the Vegas bashing, btw? I had a great time, on my inaugural trip last year. It is what it is, but there's something for everyone IMO.

You big Diva...

[​IMG]

13. oneeightyseven

You're Portagee! That explains so much. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You big Diva...

[​IMG]

Not even close. I made the decision to never "rough it" again one morning out moose hunting. I've never rolled out of a sleeping bag to find the coffee from last night frozen again.

15. oneeightyseven

Not even close. I made the decision to never "rough it" again one morning out moose hunting. I've never rolled out of a sleeping bag to find the coffee from last night frozen again.

In Canada?

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Akron, Oh.
    How can you hate on Akron?! The skyline is so imposing! [​IMG]

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I am very nice when drunk. Not the fighting type. The Canucks would love me. I'll also add my name to the Detroit list. No desire to go. Same with Camden, NJ.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

In Canada?

Northern Ontario to be more precise, Sioux Lookout area to be even more exact.

19. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

What's with the Vegas bashing, btw? I had a great time, on my inaugural trip last year. It is what it is, but there's something for every douchebag IMO.

You're unadventurous. And ftfy.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You're unadventurous. And ftfy.

No, I've adventured, and set parameters on future ones. There's a difference. Ever spent a week out moose hunting, living in a tent, when it can get -20C out? Did it for several years straight, and decided if there isn't a hot shower for me, I'm not into it.

As far as the DB tag goes, if that means I get to eat at Bouchon and the Guy Savoy, colour me DB.