• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What personality goes with what suit?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Streetwear people are having too much fun with this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=25951

And we just had our bi-monthly Kiton vs. the world flamewar at AAAC, so what personality goes with what brand of suits? I'll kick things off:

Borrelli: Neopolitan hypebeast

Armani: Don't make me roll up my stripey sleeves, and kick your ass with my Kenneth Coles

Attolini: Don't make me unbutton more sleeve buttons, and kick your ass with my Berlutis

Brioni: I wish I was James Bond or Donald Trump.

Oxxford: I drive your father's Oldsmobile

Kiton: That chip on my shoulder took 40 hours to sew by hand.

Brooks Brothers

A&S

Huntsman

Rubinacci

Zegna

Isaia

Canali

Hugo Boss

Stefano Ricci

Men's Wearhouse

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corneliani: Bargain hunter special. "Sure they are dirt cheap on eBay but the construction is great. Honest! Spare any Paypal coupons, guvnah?"

Hugo Boss: "You shall bow down to my shiny fabric, peasant!"

Men's Wearhouse: "But he said he guarantees I will like the way I look! It is Super 150s polyester/wool mix too! Damn, I hate these corporate straitjackets uniforms."

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huntsman: "I am James Bond" Or, simply, "Stiff-assed Brit."

~ Huntsman

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
Mens Wearhouse: oh crap, i need a suit quick! i just got a call they want to interview me tomorrow morning!
Funny you should mention that... how do you think I ended up with my first (and last) MW suit
blush.gif
?
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Huntsman: "I am James Bond" Or, simply, "Stiff-assed Brit." ~ Huntsman
lol8[1].gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hugo Boss: "Dude, everybody in my fraternity is SO jealous of my suit! PASS THE KEG!"

Prada: "Oh my god! Look at that Hugo Boss guy. He so completely represents the mass market consumer culture while I represent the pseudo-intellectual, slim-fit crowd who flocks around a label that pretends not to be a label."

Valentino: "You like my suit? It's made in Egypt. You'd NEVER even be able to tell, non? What's that? Oh no, bubbling and warping like that is a part of the allure."

Caraceni: "Never heard of me? Hmph. I'd expect as much from YOU."

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kilgour: "I say Fawlty, where'd you get that Moose from?"

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Hey now, I'll have you know I almost never say "guvnah."

But I think I may have. Err, purely accidentally, of course dear chap. Does that mean you HAVE some Paypal coupons
biggrin.gif
?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers: "Hey, this suit is an American classic! It has to be if the company's been around longer than my grandfather, right?"

A&S: "Muhahaha, I can get soft construction without Italian tailors!"

Huntsman: "Hey, A&S bloke, your suit looks flimsy."

Zegna: "I got this at Bluefly! It was a real steal since this an expensive suit at retail."

Hugo Boss: "But the name is bold-sounding, isn't it?"

Men's Wearhouse: "Calvin Klein is a quality name in suits. The salesman told me."

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Men's Wearhouse: "Savile Row, Schmavile Row. The next big place for tailoring is Ulaan Baatar."

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers: "will somebody please help me get this giant stick out of ******."

wink.gif

Newton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Men's Wearhouse: "Savile Row, Schmavile Row. The next big place for tailoring is Ulaan Baatar."

I'm going there in June. Not for the clothing. But it should be great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads