• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What percentage of your monthly income goes to rent?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup. I mean, it sucks to have left my best friends and family, but I did it for the professional reasons: namely, a good business school story and a faster career track.

junior varsity

Reaction score
25 y/o
make around 4-5k a month right now net in pocket
rent is $1500+ utilities ($200)
food cost $500

half of the monthly is gone :facepalm:

Last edited:

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WOW.Can't even imagined being married at this age.

Because the world really needs more 25-year-old man-children playing Xbox and chasing tail all week? Give me a break, they're 22, not 17!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Because the world really needs more 25-year-old man-children playing Xbox and chasing tail all week? Give me a break, they're 22, not 17!

I dont know.. the only people i know who are married at that young of an age are all very religious.

22 is mad young!

junior varsity

Reaction score

thats the best life :bounce2:

violethour1951

Reaction score
25 y/o
make around 4-5k a month right now net in pocket
rent is $1500+ utilities ($200)
food cost $500
half of the monthly is gone
facepalm.gif

how many sq ft and where? cambridge, mass?

KurtS90

Reaction score
Damn? Even when I live allone it was always under $1,100... Including car operating cost. One time it was $650 a month, living in my car. This is total cost of living.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, I'm definitely going to have to move when this lease ends at the end of August...

I'm at 13% of non-bonus income and its probably going to go up a ton unless I can find some sweet deals.

of course if I listen to the rent calculator here: http://www.domu.com/rent-calculator
I am apparently paying an unacceptably low amount of rent and can really afford a pretty baller place.

Last edited:

junior varsity

Reaction score

Damn? Even when I live allone it was always under $1,100... Including car operating cost. One time it was $650 a month, living in my car. This is total cost of living.

south is cheap...
look at bigger cities like NYC/Boston/Philly/DC/LA/SF then cost is astronomical..
100gs is piss money, while the same 100gs can get you real far in **** holes like ATL

junior varsity

Reaction score

how many sq ft and where? cambridge, mass?

philly - 650 sq ft
i go to cambridge mass to go to school in a car every week :facepalm: then stay in a hotel then drive back :brick:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads