• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what pen should I bring to my job interview?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually hire the guy with the 3" long chewed up pencil and no eraser.

Extra points for ragged fingernails.

If he shows up late he gets a signing bonus.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1 to a simple Cross or a Parker Jotter. The cross is like the Lexus of pens, ie it's fairly generic, not truly flashy or luxury but just that next level up from your basic el cheapo. The Jotter's more like a cheap generic but actually very reliable and smooth pen, like say a Honda. I go for the former, but have felt bad losing them. The latter come in packs...

my current (from Office Depot here in Toronto), a slim Cross in brushed (not so flashy) silver (note it's quite slim so if you have big hands it might feel too small):
C_ster.jpg

Last edited:

cronicmole

Reaction score
This is dumb.. Use any ******* pen.. one you got from a Blood drive.. one you stole from a hotel. It doesn't matter..

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thread has already entered the snark zone, but I like the Parker Jotter ballpoint. It's inexpensive and I think the blue or burgundy resin + steel cap looks great.

I love these things. I have a couple right now, steel, light olive, and navy. Great option for a professional looking pen that will last and won't break the bank. I have nicer pens, I have prettier pens, but use those the most.

As for cross, theirs seem to break on me (okay, I've had two, so small sample). The twisting mechanism siezes up, I twist a little too hard, and buh bye. They have a warranty, but it's $10 and not really worth the effort.

Last edited:

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the OP: unless you are interviewing for a highly paid executive position (in which case you would not be asking) who gives a **** ??? ...

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is dumb.. Use any ******* pen.. one you got from a Blood drive.. one you stole from a hotel. It doesn't matter..

Yeah use this:

Playboy_Cartridge_Pen_Pink1.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that the type of pen actually matters, but a Zebra R-301 is unpretentious but good-looking, and only about $10. I used the smaller version of that pen, and I liked it until I lost it.

inb4 this thread is linked to on Film Noir Buff

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thread has already entered the snark zone, but I like the Parker Jotter ballpoint. It's inexpensive and I think the blue or burgundy resin + steel cap looks great.

I like this pen, the one in blue. where to buy (online or instore)? price is 10 dolla right?

edit, saw some on ebay, price is greaaat! they are not fake right?

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I usually hire the guy with the 3" long chewed up pencil and no eraser.
Extra points for ragged fingernails.
If he shows up late he gets a signing bonus.

Actually, I've met great financial analysts that chew their pencils to pieces. I prefer Parker pens myself, good bang for the buck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads