1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What pants to wear with dark grey/charcoal suit.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hyped, Sep 4, 2013.

1. hyped

hyped New Member

So I bought a nice suit last year but I have gained some weight and the pants no longer fit me. Instead of spending money and buying a new suit, I was wondering if I could just buy some pants but I have no idea what style/color to buy. The suit is similar in color to the following:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

It's not advised to separate the suit jacket and the trousers. Most often the material and styling of the jacket (in this case, the color) do not allow it to stand alone since it will clearly look like a suit jacket. Your best bet would be to find a tailor and alter the trousers.

If you are desperate, the only color trousers I think that could work with your charcoal jacket would be gray. But this is not recommended at all. Chances are, the outside is not going to look good.

3. hyped

hyped New Member

Yeah I went to a tailor but I have gained enough weight where it's not possible to do any alterations to make the trousers fit. I really only need it for a one time upcoming event. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new suit.

4. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

Are you on medical profile? If not, maybe you could trot off a few pounds...

5. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

^I agree....use this as motivation to drop your weight back to the point where the suit fits.

6. hyped

hyped New Member

I've been bulking up on purpose while weightlifting...

7. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Then there's no way the jacket still fits properly. Buy a new suit. Stuff comes up where you need to wear one often enough, and it's best to be prepared.

8. GBR

GBR Senior member

You need to buy a new suit - gaining weight has dire implications for the wardrobe.

9. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Yep, need a new suit. Get two pairs of trousers with it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013