• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every time I hear this song I feel like moving back to New York. UNless the money fairy bowls me over with a sack of cash it isn't going to happen

Every Friday morning at 8:30...or as close to 8:30 as possible, channel 5 news(Good Day NY) plays this song coming off of the commercial break. Rosanna Scotto is one of the hosts and a real Brooklyn "girl!"

The song never gets old!

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in 2004-ish(I just checked when her album Worldwide Underground first came out), I won a prize package from Time Out NY magazine....

-2 tickets to E Badu's concert at Radio City.
-Hotel room for the night in the city.
-CD of said album.
-Gift cert for Puffy's since closed restaurant, Justin's, which I didn't use the night of the concert. I went a few months later with 2 friends before we attended the Felix Trinidad vs Ricardo Mayorga fight at MSG. We basically drank the $100.

She puts on a really good show! We(me and a lady friend) had front row/just off center seats. I had listened to the album as soon as I got it and it is still a favorite of mine.

A highlight off of that album...

Around that same time she had a concert at the Marc Barnes "super club" DREAM (later known as LOVE and now known as the City Winery) in DC. The normal extremely long lines extended around the block plus they shut down the floor where the concert was being held because it was at capacity. Lucky for me, a close friend of mine has familial connections with the silent money behind the scenes (Ethiopians dominated the DC nightclub scene for years). We bypassed the lines as well as the cover charge, made our way up an emergency stairway and made it to the show. She put on a great show

R.I.P. DREAM nightclub

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Around that same time she had a concert at the Marc Barnes "super club" DREAM (Cam'Ron shot Hey Ma video there) in DC. The normal extremely long lines extended around the block plus they shut down the floor where the concert was being held because it was at capacity. Lucky for me, a close friend of mine has connections with the silent money behind the scenes. We bypassed the lines as well as the cover charge, made our way up an emergency stairway and made it to the show. It was a great show too.

R.I.P. DREAM nightclub

What was the cover for that spot? $20?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the cover for that spot? $20?

$10 for the "regular" line, $20 for the "shorter" line (which was still long as hell) but if you wanted special access bands (VIP, Red Room, Stage, Penthouse or all access) it cost you much more. And concerts had their own pricing schedule. They would shut down the entire block and have huge outdoor concerts in addition to the 40,000+ square footage of the club.

Initially men could not wear denim nor sneakers/boots and like Singapore, chewing gum was banned.

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$10 for the "regular" line, $20 for the "shorter" line (which was still long as hell) but if you wanted special access bands (VIP, Red Room, Stage, Penthouse) it cost you much more. And concerts had their own pricing schedule. They would shut down the entire block and have huge outdoor concerts in addition to the 40,000+ square footage of the club.

Initially men could not wear denim nor sneakers/boots and like Singapore, chewing gum was banned.

vhat about nike boots!!!!

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vhat about nike boots!!!!

DC loves Nike boots (and foams) like NYC loves Timbs and they were also banned. If you were willing to pay $250 (or more) per person they would let you in. 2 years later the dress code was relaxed and jeans were permitted. By the time it was reinvented into LOVE the dress code was all but gone but the anti-gum rule was always strictly enforced

My cousin met his future wife at LOVE. They are now 4 kids in and still happily married.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dad is big on jazz and Herb Alpert is one of the artist he would always play when I was growing up. I happened to take a step down memory lane at work today.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always excellent either way:

In Living Black & White:

In Living Colo(u)r:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics