• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What music are you listening to lately?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Music is wonderful!

If anyone is wondering why I am bombarding this thread today...it’s because I am going through something serious right now(not a relationship or death issue.)

I am finding that listening to music and putting some memories to songs/artists is helping me cope.
Fully respect the explanation.
Wishing you the best, and for calmer times for you soon.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bridge School Benefit Concerts, which raised funds for highly disabled children at the Bridge School in Northern California, were always so good. Neil Young and his second wife Pegi Morton Young founded the school in 1986 (their three children all were diagnosed with cerebral palsy or epilepsy) and organized the concerts until the sad demise of the series in 2016. Great performers always showed.

I always loved Mazzy Star. This was a great session, I think. 20 minutes of calm and unadorned bliss, ter1314 (et al).

("See the woman with the stage fright
Just standing up there to give it all her might.
And she got caught in the spotlight,
But when we get to the end
She wants to start all over again....")

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
En Vogue was better than TLC.

Nah.

Better singers...yes. Better all around? Not even close IMO. I wont even get into album sales.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah.

Better singers...yes. Better all around? Not even close IMO. I wont even get into album sales.
Nothing can really touch Crazy Sexy Cool from a 90's R&B perspective for female groups. However, I was basing my assessment off their live performances.

Bromley

Reaction score
There's plenty of room to park a pickup truck. You can die in the place where you grew up.

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Music is wonderful!

If anyone is wondering why I am bombarding this thread today...it’s because I am going through something serious right now(not a relationship or death issue.)

I am finding that listening to music and putting some memories to songs/artists is helping me cope.
Hope everything works out, do your best to stay positive man!

been jamming out to this and loveless by My Bloody Valentine this past week

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Many people forget about this man when the pound for pound greatest entertainers list is discussed. He is

UP there. Check this performance!
Just watched Frank Sinatra Spectacular- the Rat Pack Live.
Have you seen this ter? He has chops!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn’t appreciate Sinatra until I heard this LP

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Love Leo Kottke!
I used to wear out entire albums of his, 40 years ago. He's great, often dazzling, always unique. 12-string genius.

"Bourrée" is such a fantastic interpretation of Bach.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.