• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What music are you listening to lately?

shopcanoeclub

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So happy to see someone mention The Microphones! I grew up in Portland, OR, so this was the music scene I was surrounded by. I used to hang with the Marriage Records guys and was introduced to a lot of great bands as a result.
Right on! In that case, we've got a lot to talk about. That whole region like you said is full of it - Carissa's Wierd is another band I've kept coming back to for the last 7-8 years. Anything Phil Evrum. There was a Latterman offshoot band called Shorebirds which I loved. Always open to more suggestions that I may have missed not being around that whole scene geographically!

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right on! In that case, we've got a lot to talk about. That whole region like you said is full of it - Carissa's Wierd is another band I've kept coming back to for the last 7-8 years. Anything Phil Evrum. There was a Latterman offshoot band called Shorebirds which I loved. Always open to more suggestions that I may have missed not being around that whole scene geographically!
Yeah, Phil's a trip. I love Mount Eerie as well. If you haven't already done so, check out Drakkar Sauna, Valet, Yume Bitsu (and White Rainbow), more stuff by Thanksgiving.

shopcanoeclub

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, Phil's a trip. I love Mount Eerie as well. If you haven't already done so, check out Drakkar Sauna, Valet, Yume Bitsu (and White Rainbow), more stuff by Thanksgiving.
That Thanksgiving song is spot on. and yeah, some of that old Mount Eerie stuff off of Dawn is some of the most deject and sad stuff - fits the exact bill for what i'd been looking for growing up, ha.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.