• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing song about the apartheid:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Josh Groban did a cover, I had never heard the original until now

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
Some guy says that to your mother, you do nothing and then let your mother get between you and him?
You didnt feel remotely guilty? You dont think regardless of your size that you should defend your own blood?

I'm getting the impression you don't know how to read...

I'm the one who confronted the guy, and I was the one who was ready to take a beating and she got between us of her own volition, all that was clearly expressed.

I think being prepared to fight a losing battle takes a lot more balls than beating the crap out of someone smaller than you, which is pretty much what you're *trying* to do here.

First you saw my low post count, and this made you feel like the bigger man. Then you pointed out I was 20 working a ****** part time job (because you know, 20 year olds who study full time should already have their first million) compared to you, late twenties/early thirties undoubtedly destined to be stuck in the glory of middle management, and very much like that guy at the cafe you get disproportionately pissed off at a very small discrepancy with some kid.

Of course there is one big difference between you and him. Whereas he would've been quite skilled in beating the **** out of me, you aren't doing a very good job here.

If you had wanted to prove your maturity then you would've just ignored me, but instead you just want to emasculate me.

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
Sorry guys for another irrelevant post (mods feel free to delete all of them) but Jaypee if you want to keep on ranting then just pm me so we can stop clogging up this thread.

If that still isn't enough for you then we can just fight. I live in Newtown so not far away.

You'll win for sure!!!

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
[VIDEO]//youtu.be/G03Iw8qdBCk[/VIDEO]

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Recap of the show last nights and the acts I saw:

Alabama Shakes - ******* great. they put on an awesome show. sounded just like the cd. the lead singer can shred the guitar as well.

The Drums - jesus, this was some of the most faggoty hipster **** ever. I fear for this generation of children if this is the **** that is popular. i stayed two songs and got the **** out. the lead singer danced like Conne on acid. not a pretty sight.

Snow Patrol - this must be popular with pre-suicide set. 2 songs and hit the road.

WhoMadeWho - this was definitely interesting. it was in the "club" tent. imagine Depeche Mode crossed with AfroJack. Sounds funny but its surprisingly catchy.

MyMorningJacket - their set was marred by some ****** acoustics from the concert stage. i couldn't make out what Jim James was singing at points. i suspect they'd be a great live act though.

Black Keys - on the same stage as MMJ. They're really not made for festivals like this. it was good, but much of the subtlety in the music and lyrics got lost, and it turned into a sort of arena-rock fest. still good to hear their songs.

Florence and the machine - definitely the highlight of the show. she puts on a ******* amazing performance. and has a hell of a set of pipes. sounded almost 100% exactly like the songs on her albums. i was REALLY impressed, especially after she spent the majority of the time sprinting across the stage. the fact that she could still belt out those lyrics was extremely impressive.

DJ Shadow - what a letdown. played all of his new dubstep/jamaica house crap and none of his old school rap mixup stuff. BOOOO!

Last edited:

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alabama Shakes - ******* great. they put on an awesome show. sounded just like the cd. the lead singer can shred the guitar as well.
The Drums - jesus, this was some of the most faggoty hipster **** ever. I fear for this generation of children if this is the **** that is popular. i stayed two songs and got the **** out. the lead singer danced like Conne on acid. not a pretty sight.
Snow Patrol - this must be popular with pre-suicide set. 2 songs and hit the road.
WhoMadeWho - this was definitely interesting. it was in the "club" tent. imagine Depeche Mode crossed with AfroJack. Sounds funny but its surprisingly catchy.

MyMorningJacket - their set was marred by some ****** acoustics from the concert stage. i couldn't make out what Jim James was singing at points. i suspect they'd be a great live act though.
Black Keys - on the same stage as MMJ. They're really not made for festivals like this. it was good, but much of the subtlety in the music and lyrics got lost, and it turned into a sort of arena-rock fest. still good to hear their songs.
Florence and the machine - definitely the highlight of the show. she puts on a ******* amazing performance. and has a hell of a set of pipes. sounded almost 100% exactly like the songs on her albums. i was REALLY impressed, especially after she spent the majority of the time sprinting across the stage. the fact that she could still belt out those lyrics was extremely impressive.
DJ Shadow - what a letdown. played all of his new dubstep/jamaica house crap and none of his old school rap mixup stuff. BOOOO!

Ahh you're so lucky to go to ACL. The Drums are pretty terrible, but it looks like you saw some cool bands.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I can't tell you how much I love Entroducing, but that last album was just complete ****.

RJD2 is the only one keeping the dream alive.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Ahh you're so lucky to go to ACL. The Drums are pretty terrible, but it looks like you saw some cool bands.

Corona Capitol in Mexico City. Not ACL.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Corona Capitol in Mexico City. Not ACL.

Wow. I didn't expect Mexico City to have all of those bands. ACL was this weekend and almost all of those bands were there so I assumed you made a trip up to Tejas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads