1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

YOLO's post reminded me that I haven't listened to John Zorn in quite a while. Here's my favorite piece by Zorn, which I used to listen to all the time.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. b1os

b1os Senior member

According to last.fm I'm already through run 18 of Coexist. :eek:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  3. billsayers

billsayers Senior member

Radiohead is amazing and my favorite song from them is "Fake Plastic Trees" although "Thinking About You" is underrated and overshadowed by "Creep" from Pablo Honey.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Your name contains 'YOLO' and your previous post was 'SWAG' over and over. You have 71 posts and zero credibility.. Back in your hole

5. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Wow didn't realise I hit a nerve there, enough to get you to comment AND pm me.

My use of 'YOLO' and 'SWAG' really have nothing to do with their original connotations. My nickname 'YOLO EMSHI' is just a quip on the Arabic remark 'yalla emshi' which more or less means 'get lost' or 'hit the road', and my use of swag was in regards to Theophilus London who revels in using that word.

There's something I don't think you get with my intentions in using internet-type vocabulary, and that is how the internet is increasingly influencing contemporary language, and even creating its own languages as a reflection of various online communities, to such an extent that people are displaying a diversity of dispositions and personalities in between how they represent themselves in real life, and online like Facebook or SF.

As to my reply to your video, if you had bothered to ask why I would've told you that it was because most of the people I know who like this band are tweeny hipsters of the worst kind, which I guess is still a casual rib at you (at your taste, not who you might be).

my 'zero credibility'? I really have no inclination to prove my self worth here but I'm guessing maybe you do? I don't know, maybe you saw my low post count and got aggressive at my little jibe because you've been kicked around on this forum/in real life one too many times that you only have enough balls to take on small fry.

So congrats, you may gallantly go back to your little sandstone terrace and obscure harbour view and enjoy your shitty bottle of Penfolds.

1 person likes this.
  6. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Outside of minimalism and No Wave, Zorn is definitely my favourite of the Downtown scene.

7. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

So sorry I missed the music critic part of this thread. Hey can we have more hits from the bands that never made it please? That would make this thread top shelf.

8. b1os

b1os Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Not sure whether I posted two of these a while back..

9. b1os

b1os Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  10. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

I've been on a New York Dolls bender for a month or something.

11. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

12. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

13. death shot

death shot Senior member

14. romafan

romafan Senior member

New Dwight Yoakam out - who's heard it? :confused:

15. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

16. b1os

b1os Senior member

RIP MCA :(

Cat Power's new album is very nice.

17. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Word.

18. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

First, let me say that I am old and this is my first post in this part of the SF forum.

My GF and I spend many Friday evenings watching concert DVD's at my house. Last Friday we watched ELO's Zoom tour DVD shot at the CBS studios in LA.

The picture and sound quality are very good. They close with a rousing rendition of Chuck B.'s Roll Over Beethoven. I particularly enjoy watching the two female electronic cellists.

Cheers,

1 person likes this.
  19. weeks

weeks Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

20. weeks

weeks Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]