What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

[​IMG]

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Wild Child Butler, a blues artist on APO direct to disc LP

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I just got the Mercury Living Presence SACD of the Dorati Nutcracker yesterday. Sublime and festive.

I can only imagine how good it sounds. Normally I like having multiple versions of a work so I can hear differences between interpreters, but Dorati has become the only Nutcracker I reach for now. I don't even look for my old Ormandy disc (highlights) - and I typically think very highly of him.

4. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

Anathema plays Bad Religion!?!
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Katatonia plays itself.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

finally picked up Stars of the Lid 2007 release, "...and Their Refinement of the Decline". stunning, just plain stunning.
    -Jeff

6. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

My latest obsession:

[​IMG]

Previously, my collection of hip hop/rap in my library was limited to Tribe Called Quest. Decided to expand the collection (by a lot!)

7. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

My latest obsession:

My brother and I played this tape so much that it literally fell apart. This shit was like punk rock for two kids from rural Florida. Heady stuff.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Joe Satriani--Dream Song. Haven't been a big fan of his work, but the new record is great from beginning to end. Much more melodic than usual.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

My latest obsession: [​IMG] Previously, my collection of hip hop/rap in my library was limited to Tribe Called Quest. Decided to expand the collection (by a lot!)
    I heartily approve this message [​IMG]

10. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

11. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Senior member

Almost 6pm on Boxing Day here in Aus, and I'm spending my day playing guitar, drinking and listening to music.

Namely some classics by the Police

& Bernard Herrman

& the Smiths

& Real Life

Nothing groundbreaking, I know, but it's good to look in the back-catalogue sometimes.

12. ama

ama Senior member

Noah and the Whale now. Pretty damn good.

13. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Chemical Brothers

14. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Senior member

Felt like listening to a bit of Gunther's latest offerings today. I think anyone who remembers Ding Dong Song probably understands.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Also listening to Pivot lately (now known as PVT)

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. and A Dead Forest Index. I'll post their myspace because there's only one video of them and it's a crappy mobile phone render of a live performance in melbourne. Check 'em out! http://www.myspace.com/adeadforestindex

15. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

today's word of the day is eschatological so naturally i had to break out the Doors' "The End".

"this is the end/beautiful friend/this is the end/my only friend the end/it hurts to set you free/but you'll never follow me/the end of laughter and soft lies/the end of nights we tried to die/this is the end"

-Jeff