What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. BossTweed

BossTweed Senior member

New Ghostface album has leaked and is pretty dope. Balancing with healthy dose of dubstep.

2. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Senior member

BillyMaysHere! has excellent taste.

Why thank you, good doctor!

Anyway, I've been looking into the silent hill soundtracks lately (not the first time, more like a refresher)
    Some would have played all the games, but for those who haven't, here's the songs I keep listening to:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. shootspeed

shootspeed Senior member

BillyMays, do you listen to any of Angelo Badalementi's work by any chance? The Silent Hill theme always reminded me of the songs off the Twin Peaks OST.

4. BillyMaysHere!

^You bet I do! Love Laura Palmer's theme in particular, probably because it simultaneously reminds me of the older horror games which I love playing once I get some spare time in the uni holidays, and of memorable ballads, without coming across as silly or odd. I guess I'm flavour of the month right now, and I've been listening to all sorts lately, so I'll make another post. Since coming back from work, I've been listening to the dark ambience of Halo Manash.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. & some Morrissey as well. This one is playing right now.

5. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Undoubtedly one of the dopest out there...

[​IMG]

Foretaste:

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

The Church

Beautiful song.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ I thought that would be Under the Milky Way. Ah well.

...today, Dorati's rendition of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker, the complete score. Trying to get the Holiday Cheer working here.

8. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

^^ I thought that would be Under the Milky Way. Ah well.

...today, Dorati's rendition of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker, the complete score. Trying to get the Holiday Cheer working here.

I just got the Mercury Living Presence SACD of the Dorati Nutcracker yesterday. Sublime and festive.

9. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Been on a major Joy Division kick ever since I spotted the link to Disorder in this thread.

10. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

^ Just saw Peter Hook play Unknown Pleasures live. Epic.

11. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

^ Just saw Peter Hook play Unknown Pleasures live. Epic.

Where was this at? [​IMG]

Wonder if I can find some youtube footage.

12. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

At the Mezzanine in San Francisco. Amazing.

13. BillyMaysHere!

Listening to a lot of soviet choral music lately. Whether or not you liked their politics, you can certainly appreciate that some beautiful pieces were made.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. That, and some classics by New Order. Sort of going chronologically from the earlier Joy Division thang

14. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Addicted to this song.... damn you Target!!!!! [​IMG]

15. joelmthw

joelmthw Senior member

miike snow
    deadmau5