What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

The Feelies.

2. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

3. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I'm listening to Elgar's Marches. So WASP.

4. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

Been on a big Hip Hop binge: GZA/Genius - Liquid Swords GZA/Genius - Legend of the Liquid Sword Ghostface Killah - Fishscale Raekwon - Only Build 4 Cuban Linx II Been sticking to Wu Tang Clan members' solo works I'm open to suggestions. [​IMG] (In fact, I request some suggestions...)
    Check out the first Rza solo album. I think it's the best of the solo albums. I know that's a big claim but it's really that good.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Right now the new Arcade Fire - The Suburbs - has me enthralled. It's better than Funeral IMHO.

... also spinning St. Anger, mostly because I saw the documentary.

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Am I the only person that loves Bolero? In my next life as a film director, I'm going to use it ironically as the backtrack for a single steadicam shot of some dark and mundane scene. Then I'll win an Oscar for it.

7. RSS

RSS Senior member

Something other than what is being listened to by you fellows.

8. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Am I the only person that loves Bolero? In my next life as a film director, I'm going to use it ironically as the backtrack for a single steadicam shot of some dark and mundane scene. Then I'll win an Oscar for it.
    This anime uses it for an extended space-battle scene (it also features some other interesting music by Mahler or Tchaikovsky):

I like Ravel a lot but I don't like his Bolero, actually...

Today I listened to this:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I know these guys have been out for a while, and they're great, but this video is just awesome, in a freaky as hell sort of way:

Sleigh Bells

10. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Any SF'ers use Last.fm? I don't really use it for the personalized radio station (don't even really bother with Pandora, I prefer to stick to my ever growing library) but I do use it for the community and the charts.

My profile: http://www.last.fm/user/teja

11. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Senior member

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. and

12. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Oh man, it's been far too long since I've listened to Unknown Pleasures.

Listening to it now.

13. Frihed89

Frihed89 Senior member

Charles Ives, 2nd Symphony.

14. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

BillyMaysHere! has excellent taste.

15. exzebache

exzebache Well-Known Member

Never really been into electronic music, but lately:
    Four Tet
    Lee Curtiss